cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Hong
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Send Email (V2) Can't Change From (Send as)

In the new Send Email (V2) action, I can't seem to change the address that I'm sending from.  Is that functionality coming soon, or will it be missing entirely?

I'm using a Service Account to create Flows for the organization, but we don't want all Flow emails to come from the Service Account.  I was able to get rights for the Service Account to send email as the various shared inboxes throughout the organization so that it comes from the user who requested the Flow.

As a result of this change, I have to stay with the original Send Email action.  My concern is if the original Send Email action is eventually removed without a solution for changing the From field.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt_Hong ,

There is no From (Send as) field on action Send an email (V2) currently.

I recommend you create a new idea about this feature at Flow Ideas Forum so that it could be added in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt_Hong ,

There is no From (Send as) field on action Send an email (V2) currently.

I recommend you create a new idea about this feature at Flow Ideas Forum so that it could be added in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Matt_Hong ,

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding as always.

Please feel free reach to us if you have any issues related to Microsoft Flow.

Best regards,

Mabel

I am bit confused about this discussion, as I am able to select a site into 'From (Send as) field, but the flow fails, anytime this field is not blank.

How can I solve it, and get the site be displayed as a sender of the flow email?

From (Send as).JPG

mikalc

Hi! I am encountering the same problem as @NGselman below. I am putting our support's email address as "Send as" and the flow FAILS.

Please note that the support email is currently a distribution list, not an actual "active" mailbox. Is there a restriction around this new feature? @v-yamao-msft Does the send as need to be an active mailbox with a SIP and not just an SMTP? 

Hi , How you were managed to see From (sender) input box? in whole thread no one is able to see it. Can you explain the steps? we want to change the from email address.

Apparently, "Send as" cannot be just a distribution list. It has to be an actual active mailbox and you have to have permission to Send on their behalf. We ended up converting the distribution list to an active mailbox in the end with my own username/email address having permission to send on its behalf. Then my flow worked.

nadavturgeman

I want this feature also.

please let me know where can i vote for this.

BR,

Nadav

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (54,017)