cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcusD1
Helper II
Helper II

Send Email and Post to Teams Chat Skipped - Not sure why?

I have a flow that takes MS Form inputs, to include a multiple choice / multi-select field, which then passes it to a SharePoint list. But I'm having to issues and I can't tell if they're related. I feed the multi-choice selections to an array, and then I have a conditional that checks for the presence of an array (i.e. where ANY of the multiple choice options selected (i.e. check boxes). If the array is populated (i.e. at least one box in the list was checked), then it routes to the Yes action. The first step in the yes action is to create an item in a SP list, and the subsequent actions are to send an email and post a message in Teams. For whatever reason, the create an item action is working, but the send and email and post to Teams are showing up as Skipped. I have no idea why? I tried a manual flow to post to Teams, and that's working fine.

What has my head scratching is why the flow shows the Conditional inputs as "No inputs." I'm thoughtmaybe my conditional filter was not structured well... but if that were true, that the Create Item shouldn't fire at all?

For the filter, I've tried both:

length(body('CIR_Array')) is greater than 0

and

[Output of CIR Array] is not equal to null

To test this, I went ahead and removed the conditional filter altogether, and was still having the issue of Send to Email and Post to Teams being skipped. I'm pretty confident this is not an issue of hitting any limits, as I have a plan with very high limits, and I should have come anywhere near those.

Any insights?

MarcusD1_1-1664729140004.png

MarcusD1_0-1664728678876.png

1 REPLY 1
MarcusD1
Helper II
Helper II

I couldn't figure out why the Post to Team and Send Email actions weren't working, so my work around was to just create a separate second flow that triggers When a New Item is Created (in a SP list) and that's working fine. But I still wish I knew why those actions were being "skipped" in the original flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,846)