cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdenH

Send Email reminder for sharepoint List based BOTH on Date AND Status columns

Hello!

I am new to Power Automate, so PLEASE, talk to me like I am a moron when answering this question, because I have seen similar questions answered and have no idea how to implement the solves.

I have a SharePoint list that is used for IT support tickets. Each ticket is given a priority level. I have created a Reminder Date calculated column that I would like to use to send a reminder email based on the columns Created (date) and Priority Level:

=IF([Priority Level]="Urgent",Created+1,

IF([Priority Level]="Normal",Created+5,

IF([Priority Level]="Low",Created+9,0)

)

)

I want to automate a reminder email to be sent to a specific person (not me) on the Reminder date but ONLY if the Status of the ticket (another column) is NOT "Solved" or "Abandoned" (two of the 5 available statuses).

I see a lot of "Add “Apply to each”, input parameter set to output of “Get items” action." or, "Within “Apply to each” box, add a Condition" answers, but when I try them, things pop up like "*Select an output from previous steps" and it just does not match up. I need super step by steps because it is just not clicking for me. Start with which type of flow? What steps do I add? What do I enter in each step?

I very much appreciate it any help you can give!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes thanks Ferren! 

I do understand the basics, I have built multiple efficient and successful flows from scratch already, the issue is this particular one is not doing what I want it to do, and the solutions I see posted for similar issues are not making sense with what I am seeing. 

No problem, I will continue to work and figure it out, I've only been using automate for a day and am just being impatient with this one flow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @EdenH 

If you get lost with trigger types, actions, and conditions may be it is better to start from the beginning. Here are some useful step by step tutorials:

After that, surely you will find it easier to build the flow you need (we can provide a solution, but before you should understand some concepts).

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes thanks Ferren! 

I do understand the basics, I have built multiple efficient and successful flows from scratch already, the issue is this particular one is not doing what I want it to do, and the solutions I see posted for similar issues are not making sense with what I am seeing. 

No problem, I will continue to work and figure it out, I've only been using automate for a day and am just being impatient with this one flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (3,168)