Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Send Email to Dynamics 365 Team Members

Hi,

Is there a way to send an email to all the users in a particular Dynamics 365 Team? The problem is that there is a User entity and a Team entity, with a hidden teammembership intermediate entity behind the scenes for the many to many relationship between User and Team. But there is no way to access the teammebership entity.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@SeanHenderson 

Hi there.  So I had an idea, and confirmed with some smart people that it will work, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Basically, we can use FetchXML to grab the records you want.

You can get the FetchXML either through FetchXML Builder (in XRMToolBox) or from the Advanced Query from within D365.

Then, use the CDS (Current) connector (which means you'll need to work inside a solution) and do a List Records on the User entity (I think) and dump the XML in the field "Fetch XM Query".

Hopefully, that gets you closer.  Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@SeanHenderson 

Hi there.  So I had an idea, and confirmed with some smart people that it will work, but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Basically, we can use FetchXML to grab the records you want.

You can get the FetchXML either through FetchXML Builder (in XRMToolBox) or from the Advanced Query from within D365.

Then, use the CDS (Current) connector (which means you'll need to work inside a solution) and do a List Records on the User entity (I think) and dump the XML in the field "Fetch XM Query".

Hopefully, that gets you closer.  Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

FYI that does work, here is the FetchXML

https://gist.github.com/davidyack/5233af4c26a43d174689effcc5ad843c 

and it should look something like the following with the Team ID dynamicallly set

teamflow.png

OlafStetzer
Advocate I
Advocate I

For thos who are interested: Here is a solution without FetchXML:

Instead of FetchXML use the following in the $expand entry box and select Teams as entity:

teammembership_association($select=fullname,internalemailaddress)

Hi OlaStetzer, I am interested... but it isn't showing my slightly modified systemuserid or internalemailaddress fields in the dynamic data section so that I can use it in any subsequent actions. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,242)