Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Cowley
Helper I
Helper I

Send Email to a Name in a form

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out if there is a way to send an email to someone named in a form?

I've created this simple form to demonstrate, a name is entered in as text.

MS Form.png

Is it then possible to search users to retrieve email address and send an email?

MS Flow.png 

If the above isn't possible could the text field be input as harry.newbie and then search to find the full email address from this? I ask this because we have some users that have givenname.surname@company.com and some which are givenname.surname@uk.company.com (uk could be other counties).

Thanks in advance

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Expiscornovus 

No the person submitting the form is different the the name added.

I've now tried submitting the form with harry.newbie format and it seems to work with the O365 search for user. I've tested with my details and am about to test with a colleague. It does however rely on the person using the correct format, but I've added a note to the form question.

Form works.png

Unless there is another better way of doing this?

Thanks for the response

Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Craig_Cowley,

Just to double check. Is the name which is entered in the form also the name of the person submitting the form?

Hi @Expiscornovus 

No the person submitting the form is different the the name added.

I've now tried submitting the form with harry.newbie format and it seems to work with the O365 search for user. I've tested with my details and am about to test with a colleague. It does however rely on the person using the correct format, but I've added a note to the form question.

Form works.png

Unless there is another better way of doing this?

Thanks for the response

Craig

View solution in original post

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Craig_Cowley,

I think this approach already should work well.

Only improvement I would have would be to set the Top field to a value of 1 in your Search for users (V2) action. This will prevent the flow sending e-mails to multiple people.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,084)