cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodM
Helper III
Helper III

Send Email to users in a SharePoint Person or Group column with Multi-Select

I have searched for previous solutions, but have not been able to understand the explanations provided. I'm hoping to get this question is answered in a straight-forward thinking, novice-level explanation that can help myself and others.

If we have a SharePoint Person or Group column that allows the user to select multiple persons, how can we create a flow that allows an email to be sent to these multiple emails? Assuming we've followed the other tutorials that assist with the other parts of the flow, how do we convert multiple emails into a string?

Assuming the column name is "Managers", selecting the dynamic content for Managers Email returns an error:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email_(V2)' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language expression 'triggerBody()?['Managers']?['Email']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Email' cannot be selected. Array elements can only be selected using an integer index. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.  

I've attempted to follow other solutions and initialize a variable, but many solutions omit several steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RodM  Please follow these steps -

I am appending semicolon in append to string action so that each email will be separated by ;. 

Hardesh15_0-1655924111365.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David-
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

This video will show you how to achieve what you want if I understand your question: (1) Power Automate get SharePoint Group Members & flow... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com). It works great. One would think this process should be as easy as it is in SharePoint Designer workflows though.

Thank you for attempting to help. But in this case, I am not trying to get the whole SharePoint group members. I simply have a SharePoint list. 

I have a SharePoint list and one of the columns is a Person or Group column. When anyone adds an item to this list, they will be required to select one or more users to apply to that column. I'd like to then trigger an automated flow that will send an email to all persons selected.

@RodM  Please follow these steps -

I am appending semicolon in append to string action so that each email will be separated by ;. 

Hardesh15_0-1655924111365.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Hi Hardesh15:

I have a very similar scenario.  I'm not sure where to place the "Variable" or what to do afterward to send the email to multiple users with selected dynamic content.  This is my scenario thus far.  

youknowmetoo_0-1657294821206.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,763)