cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send Email with Options within Apply to Each

I'm pulling email addresses from multiple rows in an Excel spreadsheet, then pulling data from the same file and sending it in an email with Approve/Deny buttons as choices in an Email with Options (modern approvals do not work in this instance, as the recipients may not have O365 accounts with which to respond appropriately.)

When running the flow, it sends the first email out, but then hangs until the recipient responds, after which the loop will move to the second row. How can I have it continue to just send Emails with Options to all addresses in the Excel rows, and the handle the responses separately? Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send Email with Options within Apply to Each

Hi @ trayburn,

Do you want to get the email addresses from each row of an Excel spreadsheet and send an email with options to those email addresses?

What do you mean to handle the responses separately that you mentioned?

Do you mean the "send Emails with Options" would run parallel and wouldn't wait for the previous response is submited?

If you want the "send Emails with Options" would run parallel and wouldn't wait for the previous response is submited? 

I'm afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

You could take a try to add many parallel branches in your flow to send Emails with Options, however,you wouldn't know how many parallel branches you should add unless you know how many email addresses you could get from the Excel spreadsheet.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply, Alice! I appreciate it. Maybe you can make a suggestion.

I have a need to email individuals from a list, and have them approve information from the spreadsheet that relates to the row that their email address is pulled from. Is there anything that Flow had that would accommodate something like this?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi there!

A while ago I also ran into this problem, however, it seems Microsoft has solved this already 😀.
One of my students pointed me to the 'settings' of the 'Apply to each' control, which can be accessed through the ( . . . ) icon on the top right part of the control. In the settings you will find the feature 'Concurrency control', which is set to 'off' (serial) by default and can be changed to 'on' (parallel) to get the desired effect.

Best of luck and best regards,

Stijn

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That works! Never paid attention to that option until I saw this comment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,632)