cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesus1
Level: Powered On

Send Email with onselect

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently trying to make a button send a PDF by email. The PDF is generated by Flow with Htmltext and saved on SharePoint. I'm currently able to generate the PDF, however I cannot get an email to send. Attached you will find my current working flow + onselect code, which is working. 

Please help me add this email function.

flow.PNGon select.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send Email with onselect

You would just add a Send an email V2 step, and then put the Name from the Create File step (green box) into the Attachments entry of the Send an email V2 step (purple box):SendEmailV2AddAttachment.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

You would just add a Send an email V2 step, and then put the Name from the Create File step (green box) into the Attachments entry of the Send an email V2 step (purple box):SendEmailV2AddAttachment.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
jesus1

Hi Brad,

I'm recieving this error. 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Parameter 'Attachment Content' cannot be null or empty.\r\nclientRequestId:",
"source": "office365-wus.azconn-eus-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
jesus1

Actually Resolve that issue by adding OneDrive File Content Variable.

The last thing I need is to make the email dynamic. I have an email field called "Company Email" and I'm hoping to have this in the To: field.

Super User
Super User

Where is the Company Email field located? You would just call it from whichever action step that is needed, and then input that field into the To box within the Send an email V2 step. If it is a SharePoint List item, then you'd do a Get Item action, or if it is an Excel item, you would use the Get a row action.

You follow the same basic principles througout Flow, every step you add (actions or triggers) gives you access to the parameters from those actions that can be used in subsequent steps within the Flow. 

jesus1

Hi Brad,

The Company Email is a column in my SharePoint list. It is collected when filling out my custom form.

I've tried looking for the GetItem under expressions but could not find it. Am I missing something? Do I need to initiate a variable? Or am I supposed to use the item expression?

email.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 4,496 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: