cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Send Emails of groups of files based on matching columns

Hi,

I have a file system setup that I need notification periodically sent when certain files haven't been responded to after a certain amount of time. I'm hung up on one detail:

How do I "Get Files" but have these files individually matched with different rows of a SharePoint by a Unique ID Column? This is in order to send emails to specific groups of people that are listed in each row

File System:

Filesystem.JPG

 I'll be "Get Files" from anything dropped in the files above

File:

file.JPG

 Files will look like this, the highlighted column will be the unique ID

SharePoint List for Email List:

Flowrules.JPG

 Above is excerpt from a sharepoint list with the Emails. The highlighted column is the corresponding Unique ID. These is 1 example, there will be many different Project#s over time.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @nmoffatt ,

you need to 'Get files' first to get only the files you want to process. Then you'll use 'Get items' on the list for Emails with 'Filter Query' below. That will give you the items from the Emails list with the same project number as the file has.

[ProjectNumber] eq '[Project #]'

Note:
[ProjectNumber] is the internal name of the column on the Emails list
[Project #] is the output from the 'Get files' action
both are placeholders that you must replace with your values

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @nmoffatt ,

you need to 'Get files' first to get only the files you want to process. Then you'll use 'Get items' on the list for Emails with 'Filter Query' below. That will give you the items from the Emails list with the same project number as the file has.

[ProjectNumber] eq '[Project #]'

Note:
[ProjectNumber] is the internal name of the column on the Emails list
[Project #] is the output from the 'Get files' action
both are placeholders that you must replace with your values

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

View solution in original post

Hi @tom_riha ,

We're on the same page. I'd gotten that far. I need the next step, which is sending a template email (I've already made that). The email needs to have the files info attached (link, name, etc.) and be sent to the correct people on its corresponding list. For all files.

Hello @nmoffatt ,

if you've got 'Get files' (on the library) and 'Get items' (for each of the files; on the list with emails) then you should have available all the information you need to send the notification. 

@tom_riha 

Got it, I think I was overthinking it. I'm hitting one last issue. All the information is correct except my variables for the emails are adding on top of each other. Ex below

First Email

1st email.JPG

Second Email

2nd email.JPG

Third Email

third email.JPG

For every file, it adds to the variable. is there a way to clear the variable or overwrite it everytime?

Helper III
Helper III

@tom_riha 
Nvm, I found that on the internet. 

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (60,486)