cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Send HTTP Request to SharePoint connector Not Showing Correctly in Editor

Hello. Is anyone aware of a change to the "Send HTTP Request to SharePoint" connector? Specifically, the "Headers" section only shows a single text box for input (regardless of the browser... I tried them all!) instead of the table that is shown in every example on the internet!?

I just wanted to fix a stupid URL, and now I'm so far down this rabbit hole that I NEED answers. I need to provide 4 things in the Headers of my request, but I see only this:

WeirdHTTPRequestConnector.png

Has the format of the connector changed? If so, where is the documentation on how to enter multiple values ("Accept...", "Content-Type...", "X-HTTP-Method", "IF-MATCH *...").

Please help, because I need to fix almost 200 imported hyperlinks by Monday morning!

Thanks in advance.

-Boonie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint connector Not Showing Correctly in Editor

Hi @mboonie 

Not aware of this change occurred.

I would try the following format example if you have multiple headers to set.

{
            "accept": "application/json; odata=verbose",
            "X-RequestDigest": $("#__REQUESTDIGEST").val(),
            "content-type": "application/json; odata=verbose"
}

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Send HTTP Request to SharePoint connector Not Showing Correctly in Editor

Thanks. While I got some key information from that (I wasn't at all sure of the proper JSON format), I have since discovered a crucial variable that seems responsible:

When I initially created the Flow, I did it by selecting "Automate> Power Automate> Create a Flow" from the list itself. Certainly, this shouldn't make a lick of difference; but it is THAT flow that shows the "incomplete" HTTP Request action. If I start the flow from within my Power Automate tab (rather than from the ribbon in the SharePoint list), I can do the exact same steps and I do not have that problem.

Turns out that it's the template being used by SharePoint when selecting that option from within the list. That template uses settings that are different from those you will get when creating one from scratch starting in Power Automate proper.

Here are the "For a selected item" array settings (which I can't change, by the way) when I start from SP:

SPListFlow.png

Here are the settings for the exact same (?) trigger when starting from Power Automate:

MyFlow.png

So, the moral of this "Doctor, it hurts when I do that" predicament is "well, don't do that!"

Is this a bug or an undocumented feature?

-Boonie

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,949)