cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
NPBA_AT
Level: Powered On

Send HTTP Request to Sharepoint fails with Status 400 Bad Request

I have been trying to use the Sharepoint “Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint’ Flow action to try to set custom permissions based on this blog entry:

 

https://sergeluca.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/assign-unique-permissions-to-a-document-with-the-new-send...

 

and I’ve been looking at this as well to try to ensure that I am structuring the query correctly:  https://gnanasivamgunasekaran.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/sharepoint-rest-api-url-for-accessing-working...

 

I have been trying to run these queries in a browser as well, but no matter what I do I get some form of the same error:

 

Run from web browser

https://orgname.sharepoint.com/sites/NZFormsTest/_api/web/lists/getbytitle(%E2%80%98NZEC_EmployeeReq...

<m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata">

<m:code>

-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException

</m:code>

<m:message xml:lang="en-US">

The expression "web/lists/getbytitle(‘NZEC_EmployeeRequests’)/items" is not valid.

</m:message>

</m:error>

 

Run from Flow

Pic1.png

The expression "lists/web/getbytitle(‘NZEC_EmployeeRequests’)/items(11)/breakroleinheritance(copyRoleAssignments=true, clearSubscopes=false)" is not valid.

clientRequestId: 9c3c1097-d147-425b-afbd-4ef1aa455e13

serviceRequestId: 40afc19e-30e7-8000-15b5-e8e34d332c79

 

The only query that I managed to run successfully was this one, run from Flow:

Pic2.png

 

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong? I am a site owner of this Sharepoint site and NZEC_EmployeeRequests is the name of a list in that site. Is there some other kind of permissions that I need to be able to run these requests?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NPBA_AT
Level: Powered On

Re: Send HTTP Request to Sharepoint fails with Status 400 Bad Request

Posting this in case anybody else is having the same issue....

I’ve found out what the problem is…the single quotes are not right. Apparently an issue with copying text including single quotes from web pages. I re-entered all my single quotes in these actions and now my whole Flow runs.

Simple fix when you know what the issue is...very frustrating trying to work out what's wrong if you don't.

1 REPLY 1
NPBA_AT
Level: Powered On

Re: Send HTTP Request to Sharepoint fails with Status 400 Bad Request

Posting this in case anybody else is having the same issue....

I’ve found out what the problem is…the single quotes are not right. Apparently an issue with copying text including single quotes from web pages. I re-entered all my single quotes in these actions and now my whole Flow runs.

Simple fix when you know what the issue is...very frustrating trying to work out what's wrong if you don't.

>