cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Send Individual E-mails from Excel Sheet

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to PA but I do have some flows running already and I'm quick to learn! I'm running into a problem now, however.

I'm in charge of sending login information out to individual agents in my call center upon completing the on-boarding process. The problem I am having is that I can't just mass send out the login information to a list because we require agents to, "check in" to our Tech Support channel and request login information from there. Then, and only then, will an e-mail containing their specific login information from the Excel row be sent to that individual agent.

I don't think agents filling out a Microsoft Form will suffice for us because it will disrupt our workflow. I need a way to iterate over the Excel sheet and send the e-mails individually in order for me to verify that they have actually been to tech support and are ready to receive the information. Approvals may not be necessary because of this.

We've been able to survive thus far without PA because our new hire class has been small relatively and I've been painstakingly hand typing/pasting login information into e-mail templates to 50 people. Now we're up to classes of hundreds. I need a better way!

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated because I've spent a number of hours trying to come up with a solution and I can't even come up with a proper trigger for this.

I have faith,

Dan Golden

2 REPLIES 2
Helper III
Helper III

You can try to use Recurrence as a trigger, and use List rows present in a table action to traverse the data in the table.

After some more research I believe e-mail merging was actually our best solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_s3cdfVDY

Now if there was a way to automate this... 🤗

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (36,142)