Freiheer
Helper II
Helper II

Send Mail if Field get specific Value

Hello,

this will be my first "flow" and i struggeling with one point:

Task:

I would like to send a email to my, if a date from a field reaches today,

I cant find the trigger for this action. I only see the one if a new Element/Entry is created.

Can someone help me?

Thansk in advance 

Freiheer

11 REPLIES 11
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Freiheer,

Would you please share more details about how you would like the Flow to achieve, where is the date field stored?

If for example, the date field is stored in a SharePoint list, and you would like to send an Email when the date reaches today, then we could just add a condition after the "When a new item is created" trigger, get the date and compare it with UTCNow().

Besides, please also take a look at the available templates:

SharePoint

See if it would help in your scenario.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

thanks for the help and sry for the missing information in the first place. The data field ist in a sharepoint list.

The List has the Name "Beauftragung" and the field has the name "IA".

But how i add the condition after the when created?

Thanks in advance

If you created the list you can add a next step by a value from this list. its a simply yes or no deccision  by your selected value

it should look similar like this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41766106/how-do-i-correctly-use-microsoft-flow-conditionals-with...

I did it like you explained

Unbenannt.JPG

But it doesnt work. 

The value in the Flied "IA" is normaly reached a few days/weeks after the the item is created and without further changes. ist that still the correct start of the flow?

I did it like you explained

Unbenannt.JPG

But it doesnt work. 

The value in the Flied "IA" is normaly reached a few days/weeks after the the item is created and without further changes. ist that still the correct start of the flow?

I have nearly the same in one of my flows. I only create a liste for a onedrive directory. (btw I'm german) but i have the email part on the right part (Wenn nein) and it works ........ why ever

Maybe its a bug. BTW did we have in Germany not UTC +1  ?

... is here an option to upload pictures? so i could make a screenshot of my flow.

Hello,

to get more option on replies i have startet this thread in english. But i agree, it would be easier in german. You can upload screenshots here:

1.JPG

Can you tell me, whats the formula you are using for the Condition? Because i ask there if the field "IA" is equal to UTCNow and it should then YES instead of NO, but i will try your way too.

Thanks iin advance

Unfortunatly i dont have this button "Photos" for me is there only a button "insert/edit image" and i can only pickup a picture from an other server but i can't upload one.

I export my flow in to a json - File.

You simply use this and put it in a txt-file. after that rename it to ***.json and import it in your flow. Than you can see my complete flow with my settings. As you remember: i look on Monday in a special directory -> list all this files-> create an array for this listet files -> decide if there are files than write the mail if not do nothing->write email and attach all listet files and after that delete all listet files. 

maybe this helps you a little bit

{"$schema":"https://schema.management.azure.com/schemas/2015-01-01/deploymentTemplate.json#","contentVersion":"1... of the logic app."}},"logicAppLocation":{"defaultValue":"[resourceGroup().location]","allowedValues":["eastasia","southeastasia","centralus","eastus","eastus2","westus","northcentralus","southcentralus","northeurope","westeurope","japanwest","japaneast","brazilsouth","australiaeast","australiasoutheast","southindia","centralindia","westindia","canadacentral","canadaeast","westcentralus","westus2","[resourceGroup().location]"],"type":"String","metadata":{"description":"Location of the logic app."}},"onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name":{"defaultValue":"onedriveforbusiness","type":"String","metadata":{"description":"Name of the connection."}},"outlook_1_Connection_Name":{"defaultValue":"outlook_1","type":"String","metadata":{"description":"Name of the connection."}}},"resources":[{"type":"Microsoft.Logic/workflows","name":"[parameters('logicAppName')]","apiVersion":"2016-06-01","location":"[parameters('logicAppLocation')]","properties":{"state":"Disabled","definition":{"$schema":"https://schema.management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Logic/schemas/2016-06-01/workflowdefinition..... Europe Standard Time","schedule":{"weekDays":["Monday"],"hours":["7"]}},"type":"Recurrence"}},"actions":{"Dateien_in_Ordner_auflisten":{"runAfter":{},"metadata":{"01DJ27FAZP43TXHMMXM5F3XNSE55MDYT4W":"/2018/Freigaben/Versand","flowSystemMetadata":{"swaggerOperationId":"ListFolderV2"}},"type":"ApiConnection","inputs":{"host":{"connection":{"name":"@parameters('$connections')['onedriveforbusiness']['connectionId']"}},"method":"get","path":"/datasets/default/foldersV2/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent('01DJ27FAZP43TXHMMXM5F3XNSE55MDYT4W'))}","authentication":"@parameters('$authentication')"}},"Variable_initialisieren":{"runAfter":{"Dateien_in_Ordner_auflisten":["Succeeded"]},"type":"InitializeVariable","inputs":{"variables":[{"name":"anhangarray","type":"Array"}]}},"Auf_alle_anwenden_3":{"foreach":"@body('Dateien_in_Ordner_auflisten')?['value']","actions":{"Bedingung":{"actions":{},"runAfter":{},"else":{"actions":{"Auf_alle_anwenden":{"foreach":"@body('Dateien_in_Ordner_auflisten')?['value']","actions":{"Dateiinhalt_abrufen":{"runAfter":{},"metadata":{"flowSystemMetadata":{"swaggerOperationId":"GetFileContent"}},"type":"ApiConnection","inputs":{"host":{"connection":{"name":"@parameters('$connections')['onedriveforbusiness']['connectionId']"}},"method":"get","path":"/datasets/default/files/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent(items('Auf_alle_anwenden')?['Id']))}/content","queries":{"inferContentType":true},"authentication":"@parameters('$authentication')"}},"An_Arrayvariable_anfügen":{"runAfter":{"Dateiinhalt_abrufen":["Succeeded"]},"type":"AppendToArrayVariable","inputs":{"name":"anhangarray","value":{"Name":"@items('Auf_alle_anwenden')?['DisplayName']","ContentBytes":"@body('Dateiinhalt_abrufen').$content"}}}},"runAfter":{},"type":"Foreach"},"E-Mail_senden_2":{"runAfter":{"Auf_alle_anwenden":["Succeeded"]},"metadata":{"flowSystemMetadata":{"swaggerOperationId":"SendEmail"}},"type":"ApiConnection","inputs":{"host":{"connection":{"name":"@parameters('$connections')['outlook_1']['connectionId']"}},"method":"post","path":"/Mail","body":{"To":"sag@ichnicht.de","Subject":"Neue Bilder 2018er","Body":"Hier steht der Text","Attachments":"@variables('anhangarray')","IsHtml":true},"authentication":"@parameters('$authentication')"}},"Auf_alle_anwenden_2":{"foreach":"@body('Dateien_in_Ordner_auflisten')?['value']","actions":{"Datei_löschen":{"runAfter":{},"metadata":{"flowSystemMetadata":{"swaggerOperationId":"DeleteFile"}},"type":"ApiConnection","inputs":{"host":{"connection":{"name":"@parameters('$connections')['onedriveforbusiness']['connectionId']"}},"method":"delete","path":"/datasets/default/files/@{encodeURIComponent(encodeURIComponent(items('Auf_alle_anwenden_2')?['Id']))}","authentication":"@parameters('$authentication')"}}},"runAfter":{"E-Mail_senden_2":["Succeeded"]},"type":"Foreach"}}},"expression":"@equals(items('Auf_alle_anwenden_3'), 0)","type":"If"}},"runAfter":{"Variable_initialisieren":["Succeeded"]},"type":"Foreach"}},"outputs":{},"description":"Dieser Flow sucht einen Ordner auf, listet die darin befindlichen Dateien auf und versendet sie. Anschließend löscht er diese Dateien."},"parameters":{"$connections":{"value":{"onedriveforbusiness":{"id":"[concat('/subscriptions/', subscription().subscriptionId, '/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/', parameters('logicAppLocation'), '/managedApis/', 'onedriveforbusiness')]","connectionId":"[resourceId('Microsoft.Web/connections', parameters('onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name'))]","connectionName":"[parameters('onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name')]"},"outlook_1":{"id":"[concat('/subscriptions/', subscription().subscriptionId, '/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/', parameters('logicAppLocation'), '/managedApis/', 'outlook_1')]","connectionId":"[resourceId('Microsoft.Web/connections', parameters('outlook_1_Connection_Name'))]","connectionName":"[parameters('outlook_1_Connection_Name')]"}}}},"runtimeConfiguration":{"collections":{"maximumItemCount":100000}}},"dependsOn":["[resourceId('Microsoft.Web/connections', parameters('onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name'))]","[resourceId('Microsoft.Web/connections', parameters('outlook_1_Connection_Name'))]"]},{"type":"Microsoft.Web/connections","name":"[parameters('onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name')]","apiVersion":"2016-06-01","location":"[parameters('logicAppLocation')]","properties":{"api":{"id":"[concat('/subscriptions/', subscription().subscriptionId, '/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/', parameters('logicAppLocation'), '/managedApis/', 'onedriveforbusiness')]"},"displayName":"[parameters('onedriveforbusiness_Connection_Name')]"}},{"type":"Microsoft.Web/connections","name":"[parameters('outlook_1_Connection_Name')]","apiVersion":"2016-06-01","location":"[parameters('logicAppLocation')]","properties":{"api":{"id":"[concat('/subscriptions/', subscription().subscriptionId, '/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/', parameters('logicAppLocation'), '/managedApis/', 'outlook_1')]"},"displayName":"[parameters('outlook_1_Connection_Name')]"}}]}

OK jetzt kurz in deutsch:

schau mal da exisitert eine Vorlage bei den Flows "Pushbenachrichtigung erhalten, wenn Sie eine E-Mail von Ihrem Chef erhalten" Vielleicht kannst Du die anpassen an Deine Bedürfnisse.

Darin geht es auch darum dass ein bestimmter Wert einer Mail abgefragt wird. Dort wird zwar dann eine Pushnachricht abgesetzt, aber das kannst Du ja entsprechend anpassen.

Unfortunaly it was not possible to upload your JSON. I got every time a error with unknown reason.

I will try your "german" option later. Thank you

i tried the other one and its also not working. Import of .json is not possible. the system ask for a zip file which i create and then it shows me a error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,969)