cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD7665

Send On Behalf Permissions

Hello,

I have been tasked with creating a standardized onboarding form that sends the completed information to our helpdesk ticketing system. 

The flow works fine, but when it is submitted, the ticket is opened with my name and not the name of the person that is filling out the form, which means I get all of the emails and replies to the ticket.

We want to use the ticketing system to manage these tickets and reply back to the requester.

I have tried to use the  "From (Send as) Responders' Email" but I am naturally getting the error that I am not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.

My manager understandably has a few apprehensions giving me "Send As" permissions from all users in AD, so is there a way that I can do this without those permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD7665

Thank you for all your help.

I talked with my boss and we just decided to grand send as permissions to my account, with the caveat that I should never use it for nefarious purposes. That has corrected the issue.

Thanks again all!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grant_Jenkins
Helper I
Helper I

Does your ticketing system have an API that allows you to create tickets and pass in parameters such as the requestor? I think ServiceNow has this option (if enabled), but depends on what you are using.

JD7665

We are using Zoho.

I am not sure if it has this functionality, but I will look into it.

Thanks for your reply.

David_MA
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are you using ServiceNOW for your ticketing system by chance? You can work with your ServiceNOW developers to create inbound actions to process the e-mails and put the information of who the ticket should be created for in the body of the e-mail. Inbound email actions (servicenow.com). Like the Power Automation When a new mail arrives action, ServiceNOW can look for specific information in the subject line as well as who the e-mail comes from.

For all of our flows that use this method, I send them from a shared mailbox that I can send from. This eliminates the need to be able to send e-mails on behalf of all the users.

JD7665

Thank you for all your help.

I talked with my boss and we just decided to grand send as permissions to my account, with the caveat that I should never use it for nefarious purposes. That has corrected the issue.

Thanks again all!

Good that you got it working.

Another approach is to create a service account that's used to run the flow and that account has send on behalf of.

I looked and found that Zoho Desk does have an api for creating tickets if you did still want to investigate that as an option.

https://desk.zoho.com/DeskAPIDocument#Tickets%23Tickets_Createaticket

And a question in the community relating to the ticket request.

How to create a ticket - Zoho Desk api

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've answered your question, please mark the post as Solved.

If you like my response, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,988)