cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Send Outlook email with options from another sender

I'd like to set up an outlook "Send email with options" action to come from another person. How do I ensure the email comes from a different person? Do I add them as an owner to the flow? Should I rebuild the flow under their profile? There isn't a from option with this action (I already put in an idea to add it). I'm also not an outlook admin, so I cant create an alias.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @TesDA 

Can you share more details on your flow configuration? INstead of adding the other user as a co owner, you can add run apnly users and while adding that set the option for provide connections from the run only user. This will use the connection of the current logged in user while triggering the flow (for flow triggered manually)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

I'm planning on having this email go out on a regular schedule, so running it based on the user pressing a button or manually kicking it off wont happen.

Is there another way to do what you mentioned even if the flow is happening on a schedule?RM Email Flow Config 7-23-19.jpg

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @TesDA 

I see. Managing run only users cannot be done for flows triggered on a schedule so you cannot change the outlook connection here.

You can export the flow and share it with the other members and they can import it and then provide their Outlook connection during the import. But doing this, will execute the flow on that schedule from every account then. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,351)