cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
--EKM
Level: Powered On

Send Reminder Flow to Person Responsible

Hi All, 

What I am currently trying to do is modify the already existing send reminder function, to not send me a notification of an item whose due date is upcoming, but rather the person responsible. I have tested everything and it sends me the reminder for the correct item within the specified days but I just need to change it to send it to the appropriate person responsible for that item. I am assuming something needs to be changed in the "Get my profile(V2)" step but I am not sure how to code that. Annotation 2019-07-16 093713.pngcircled the step that needs changedAnnotation 2019-07-16 094446.pngshould I put the email of the person responsible in this column or can their email be searched by providing their full name

Best, 

-Eric 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send Reminder Flow to Person Responsible

Hi @--EKM ,

Please consider using following method to configure Flow instead of existing send reminder feature.

• Initialize two variables, one type is array to store ResponsibleUser’s email, another one is string to store link to item.
  • Configure Apply to each to get all ResponsibleUser’s email and append then to array variable.
  • Use union() function to remove duplicate element and generate new array.
  • Iterate value of Get items action and use condition to filter current ResponsibleUser’s item, append link to item to string variable.
  • After sending an email, we need to empty the string variable.

Expression reference:

union(variables('ResponsibleUser'),variables('ResponsibleUser'))
utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')

Image reference:

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @--EKM ,

Please consider using following method to configure Flow instead of existing send reminder feature.

• Initialize two variables, one type is array to store ResponsibleUser’s email, another one is string to store link to item.
  • Configure Apply to each to get all ResponsibleUser’s email and append then to array variable.
  • Use union() function to remove duplicate element and generate new array.
  • Iterate value of Get items action and use condition to filter current ResponsibleUser’s item, append link to item to string variable.
  • After sending an email, we need to empty the string variable.

Expression reference:

union(variables('ResponsibleUser'),variables('ResponsibleUser'))
utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')

Image reference:

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

--EKM
Level: Powered On

@v-bacao-msft You have been very helpful! I think I can follow what is going on! My only question is if I wanted to build in a hard coded reminder to send a reminder 60 days before the due date how would that be done? would I change :

utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')

to look like:

addDays(utcnow(), 60, 'yyyy-MM-dd')

Once again, Thanks so much!

Best, 

-Eric 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,755)