cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TimoToothousand
Level: Powered On

Send SharePoint list data to a new Trello card using dynamic content to determine the Trello list.

I'm trying to create a system that will make new Trello cards for work orders when my client submit them.  The data goes into a SharePoint list with qualities such as Work Order ID number and Client ID Number.  My Trello lists are titled by "Client #" and then the client's number.  When I put dynamic content into the Parent List ID field of the Create a Trello Card action, the flow fails every time.  If I select one of the lists, it works just fine, but completely defeats the purpose of this system, since all cards would only go into one list.

3 REPLIES 3
TimoToothousand

Re: Send SharePoint list data to a new Trello card using dynamic content to determine the Trello lis

Trello list ID numbers are encrypted.  Even though you can select a familiar name in the Parent List ID field, it has to be converted to the encrypted ID number that Trello sets.  This is why you have to select a list from the dropdown.  So now the question remains:  how do we get around this issue?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send SharePoint list data to a new Trello card using dynamic content to determine the Trello lis

Hi @TimoToothousand,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to fill a dynamic content within Parent List Id field of "Create a card" action to create a new card in Trello?

Further, could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

I agree with your thought almost, the Parent List Id is encrypted. Actually, the "Create a card" action of Trello connector find the specific Board and Parent List via a series of string which likes a GUID string, such as, the '59ed4de0effc7115f87234d7' represents the Board Id and the '59ed4dfbd6d206f46ca2c712' represents the Parent List Id, the "Create a card" action UI just translate the string (e.g. '59ed4dfbd6d206f46ca2c712') into a friendly name.11.JPG

If you want to fill a dynamic content within Parent List Id field of "Create a card" action to create a new card within Trello, please make sure that the Dynamic content filled within Parent List Id field store the encrypted string (e.g. '59ed4dfbd6d206f46ca2c712') . I have made a test on my side and please take a try with following workaround:12.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:13.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TimoToothousand

Thanks for the reply, Kris!

To clarify what I'm doing, my Work Orders list gets populated by clients using an online form in which they have to enter their Client ID and Project ID number.  When clients setup a new Project, a new Trello list is created with a title of something like "163."  When work orders are generated, a new Trello card for each work order needs to be created in the appropriate list.  So when Client #163 submits a work order, Flow needs to be able to look at the client number and create a card in that list.

It looks like what you suggested is really close to what I'm needing to do, but backwards.  It definitely tells me what I need to accomplish, but I'm not sure how to accomplish it.  If I understand correctly, I just need to convert my Client ID Number value to a the same GUID that Trello uses.  

SharePoint to Trello Flow.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,154)