Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KChristoph
Level: Powered On

Send Updated Excel-File via Flow attaches only first row

Hey Guys, 
i have an issues with one of my flows.

What i want to achieve:

-> Select specific data from a SharePoint List (The ODATA Query happens in PowerApps) - first step of the flow and works fine 🙂

-> Delete the current Rows in the Spreadsheet i use on SharePoint - fourth step of the flow and works fine 🙂
-> Paste in the queried rows -> fifth step of the flow and also works fine 🙂
-> get Metadata from updated excel file -> it seems like it only works for the first row? ID is alwas 2, no matter how many rows are in the excel file
-> get Data value -> works fine

-> send Mail with the Excel File Attached -> works fine 🙂

My Problem is, that no matter how many rows i have queried in sharepoint and afterwards added to the excel file, i always get an excel file where i only have one row (the first one of my query) in the table which is attached to the e-mail. But on the other hand if i take a look on the excel file on sharepoint it pasted the right amount of rows and updated everything well. 

Whicht step did i miss in my flow, so that the flow only send me the first row? 
Somebody has experience with these kind of problems?

I've attached the flow.

Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KChristoph

Re: Send Updated Excel-File via Flow attaches only first row

Hey @rimatos

I do not use advanced filtering, but I think I was able to solve the problem yesterday. 

I always had the feeling that OneDrive didn't have time to save the updated file, so I added a delay of one minute after inserting the new rows... I haven't had any problems since I added this delay :-)... I deleted the rows and added only one row and I also tested it by adding up to 200 rows and always got the "queried" Excel file...
So it seems that giving OneDrive some time will solve my problem 😄

Thanks for your answer and kind regards 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft rimatos
Microsoft

Hi @KChristoph ,

Could you share a print on how you are trying to retrieve the metadata from the excel file? Are you using any filters in the advanced options?

Which of these action are you using to retrieve this information?

image.png

It could be that the filter you are using is not retrieving the information you are expecting, or that the data format is different than you would expect.

You can also consult our documentation of this connector, which contains some known limitations of the connector, that may be causing your issue.

Let me know if this helped you in any way!

Regards,

Ricardo

KChristoph

Hey @rimatos

I do not use advanced filtering, but I think I was able to solve the problem yesterday. 

I always had the feeling that OneDrive didn't have time to save the updated file, so I added a delay of one minute after inserting the new rows... I haven't had any problems since I added this delay :-)... I deleted the rows and added only one row and I also tested it by adding up to 200 rows and always got the "queried" Excel file...
So it seems that giving OneDrive some time will solve my problem 😄

Thanks for your answer and kind regards 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,435)