cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bran

Send a email (V2) action sends emails as plain text with a winmail.dat file for email clients that are not Outlook

Hello, 

I'm building a dynamic Email flow for order confirmations. These emails will be sent directly to customers so they need proper formatting. Problem is it looks great when sent to outlook, but gmail for example looses all formatting. Its just a wall of text with a winmail.dat. 

Initial research shows this is due to it being sent as RTF. Im selecting the code section of Send an email (V2) and putting all my HTML in there. It worked before when I first build it Im pretty sure (Its been a while since I first created it). Some fiddling around I got it to work once randomly by putting it in a new Send an Email (V2) action but went back to no formatting after the first run. 

I've tried putting other very simple HTML in there and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried creating a brand new connection to Outlook in power automate with no success. 

Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on this one? 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bran

Of course as soon as I post the question I figure it out. 

If anyone happens to find this, the problem was that there was a duplicate email in the To of the send an email action. For some reason if there are more than one of the same email in the To it breaks the email. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bran

Of course as soon as I post the question I figure it out. 

If anyone happens to find this, the problem was that there was a duplicate email in the To of the send an email action. For some reason if there are more than one of the same email in the To it breaks the email. 

View solution in original post

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the solution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,604)