cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acotter
Level: Powered On

Send a file generated from Forms to an email

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to set up a flow that gets triggered by a Forms submission. Depending on what they select for one of the questions, a response will be sent to a number of different individuals. I am able to set this up easily. What I'm looking for advice about is how to attach a file with the Forms responses to the email that is sent. I don't care if it is a PDF, Excel file, Word etc... it just needs to contain the Form responses. I looked at the Muhimbi converter (HTML table to PDF) but I do not want to pay any subscriptions. I also do not want to host the file in my OneDrive. Any thoughts on this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send a file generated from Forms to an email

Hey @acotter 

If you want to send as a PDF, it either needs to be on OneDrive or needs any of the premium actions. Same goes for Word. If you don't care about the file format and do not want to save it any where on SharePoin or OneDrive, you can send it as a .html file. F1aa.PNG

F1ab.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User
Super User

Hey @acotter 

Nope. The append to array will get you the key value pairs and the keys will be the headers (columns) and individual elements as row items. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hey @acotter 

If you want to send as a PDF, it either needs to be on OneDrive or needs any of the premium actions. Same goes for Word. If you don't care about the file format and do not want to save it any where on SharePoin or OneDrive, you can send it as a .html file. F1aa.PNG

F1ab.PNG

Hope this Helps!

acotter
Level: Powered On

This was perfect! appreciate the help, one final caveat. I created a CSV table instead of HTML, is there a way to transpose the row data into column data for the "append to array variable" step?

Super User
Super User

Hey @acotter 

Nope. The append to array will get you the key value pairs and the keys will be the headers (columns) and individual elements as row items. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 208 members 4,458 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: