cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

Send an Alert only when a Yes/No column in a document library changes

I would like to send a notification to my team when a Yes/No column is changed in the shared documents folder. 

The issue with the flow I created is it is not able to detect the document library in the list items.

The following error shows up when I test it.

2018-09-18_0-51-42.png

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

In order to see if a SharePoint column has changed, you'll need to have a second column to stroe a copy of the column value.  When your Flow runs, you'll need to compare the two columns.  If the are the same, do nothing.  If they are not the same, take action as appropriate (send email, etc.) and then update the column storing the copy to the new value.

You'll probably want to make the additional column hidden.

If you need an example, please let me know.

If this solves your issue, please mark your question as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gangula,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you choose the library name from the drop-down list of the List Name field?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Please find below the screenshot of my flow.

Please note that I have not chosen the list name from the drop-down. I got the list name automatically when I used a flow template to create the flow.

I also did not find my column header name in the Condition step. I had edited the condition in the advanced mode.

2018-09-18_16-29-52.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,178)