cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RobertPC77
Level: Powered On

Send an Automatic Email based on a Date in Sharepoint List

I have a list in Sharepoint that includes a different date for each entry.  I would like to have a reminder email sent to an individual in my organization based on that date.  

Suggestions?  Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Send an Automatic Email based on a Date in Sharepoint List

Hi @RobertPC77 , thank you for your post, it is entirly possible to do this.

Please can you post some pictures of your Flow so we can see how far you have gotten and we can advise where to go with it?

Also, a great place to start with triggering emails from a SharePoint List based on a date in this template - Send a Happy Birthday email to employees on their birthday

You may want to populate some data in a list and get this working and when doing so, you will have solved your problem, if not completely, almost 100%.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

@RobertPC77 

The quickest way to meet your requirement is to use the "out of the box" Flow "Set a reminder" feature.  Most SharePoint lists and libraries to which you have added a date column will have an option available under the Flow menu titled "Set a reminder".  This option will create a Flow that will send out reminder emails to the person who created the Flow a specified number of days before the date you select.  So, the best way to use this feature is to instruct the user who wants to receive the emails to click through and create the Flow.  If you do it for them, you'll need to edit the Flow so that it sends emails to them instead of you.

If the "out of the box" Flow does not meet your needs, here is a link to a blog post that I wrote that details how you can create your own reminder Flow.

OOTBReminder.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
RobertPC77

Thanks to all for the quick responses!  I do have one issue that I can't seem to work around...even though I am using Sharepoint in Office 365, my email is not in Outlook 365.  Unfortunately, I am not able to send the email because I am not in Outlook 365...I hear we are getting it soon.

RobertPC77

Hello Guys!

Thank you for your suggestions, however I have not come up with a solution.

I work in a School District where we occasionally have to disable student accounts for a certain amount of time.  I have a MS Form set up that gets automatically uploaded into a Sharepoint list when Submitted.  In the list is a column to ENABLE the Student's Account.  I have a notification being sent to the Network Administrator to DISABLE the Student's Account.  However, I have not yet figured out how to create a notification to be sent to ENABLE the Student's Account.  I was hoping that I could trigger a notification based on the ENABLE date in the SP list.

The Reminder in SP only notifies me as the owner.  I have look in your recommended solutions, but have not quite figured it out. 

One other issue...our School District uses Office 365, but have not yet moved to Outlook 365...we're still on Outlook 2016.

I appreciate any guidance you can share! Thank you!

RobertPC77

Here's what I have so far (kind of based off of the ODFilter mention in the earlier response...

2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,254)