Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebraga
Helper III
Helper III

Send an Email Notification- Created by Email not working properly

Hello All,

First time power automate creator here. You can usually catch me on the PowerApps forums.

I have a flow which pulls from a SharePoint list. Every time an item is modified as "Yes" under the "Item Delivered?" column, I want the Created By user to be sent an email (see screenshot)

ebraga_0-1631134061394.png

In the "To:" portion of the email notification I have tested using my email and it works great. When I added the dynamic content "Created by Email" in the "To:" portion, things get crazy. The emails start going off from every item since the beginning of time in the list and users get emails that XYZ items from over a month ago are delivered. 

How can I make it so only items that are modified now or ?today? are getting email notifications to the user who created the item. And why does this only happen if I use dynamic content in the "To:" field?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
ChadVKealey
Power Participant
Power Participant

I've heard the "When and existing item is modified" trigger can be a bit buggy. Have you tried swapping in the "When an item or file is modified" trigger? In the SharePoint connector, they're moving toward triggers and actions that work with lists or libraries, so some of the older triggers are being deprecated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,378)