cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XT2
Frequent Visitor

Send an Email depending on status from a different list

Dear all,

I have 2 SharePoint lists and I want to create a flow that runs every day.

The first list is the appointment List (Termine) and the second is the Devices List (Geräte).

Νοw the appointment list has to do with rollout appointments and the devices with the devices that the technician is checking per day on these appointments.

Now what I want to do is to create a flow that runs every day and checks

1.From all Items of the appointment list I need only those that have in the Termin_Status Column the value "Vereinbart"

2.Then I need to check the date if they are already old, more than 5 days old

3. If those conditions are valid then I need to compare the column Gerät(look up from the title of the devices list which has the number of the device written inside as text) 

4.If they much then I need to check the Hardware_Status Column of the second list (devices) and 

5. If the status is NOT equal to Choice 1 and Choice 2 then

6. I need to send an Email to the technician (there is a peoplepicker column in both lists for him) that he forgot to change the status of that device(s)

XT2_0-1605902734745.png

XT2_1-1605902779842.png

If anyone has an idea how I can do that or even if it worth the trouble, or even an alternative, please let me know! 

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@XT2 

Here is some information to get you started.

You'll want to use a Recurrence trigger - it can be confogured to run once a day.

To retrieve items from a list that meet certain criteria, you'll want to use a Get items action along with an OData filter.  Here is a link for a great blog post on using OData filters with SharePoint and Flow. 

My suggestion is to get started with the information above and post any questions that you have along the way here.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,640)