cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IconStudiosUS

Send an Email with Certain Sharepoint List Details when a checkbox is selected for that row

I have a little bit of experience when creating flows with other apps, but for some reason I'm having a ton of issues figuring this out.

I essentially am trying to have an email sent from outlook when a checkbox is selected in a sharepoint list to one email address with the following:

Subject Line

New Member Alert: Welcome [Their Name gets dynamically pulled from their row in a Sharepoint List]

Body

Hi Team,

We have added a new member, please see their current roster details below:

Preferred Name: [Same Name from above]          Current Age: [Age is pulled from their row in the Sharepoint list referenced above]

Referred by: [also pulled from their row]

ETC ETC.

With Attachments

[uploaded as images & files in the same sharepoint List]

Here's a mock example of how the data looks in the sharepoint file. We want the email to trigger when we select the checkbox or in sharepoint language I'm guessing it translates to yes.

Preferred NameAgeReferred byNew Member AlertHeadshot/Resume (Uploaded)
John Doe24Jeff Johndoe.jpg
Jane Doe65Online Form✔️JaneDresume.pdf
1 REPLY 1
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

1 - Create an automated Flow which trigger on when a SP List item is created or modified

2 - Add a trigger condition within your trigger so that Flow should only run when the tickbox is set to Yes

3 - Add a send an email (v2) action and add Dynamic content from your triggerOutput()

Can you advise which of the steps above is giving you an issue?

Edit:

Trigger Condition can be - @triggerOutputs()?['body/NewMemberAlert']

I am assuming your NewMemberAlert column is a Yes/No column type in SharePoint

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If this post or my previous reply was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,306)