cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SheltonThompson
Level: Powered On

Send an HTTP Requet to SharePoint 400 Bad Request Error

I am trying to follow the example at the following link to build a flow for PowerApps to clear a person field in a SharePoint list however I keep getting a status code 400 and Bad Request error. Theres is not much instructions at the following site and I cannot figure out exactly what I am doing wrong?

https://poszytek.eu/en/microsoft-en/office-365-en/powerapps-en/clear-lookup-and-people-picker-fields...

Here are my settings

FlowSettings.png

The field ID per sharepoint is Assigned_x0020_To

Here is the error it returns:

{
"message": "The type of data at position 0 is different than the one expected.\r\nclientRequestId: 54ddf0a6-8204-452b-a0b4-1a031d01adda\r\nserviceRequestId: 2af1ac9e-60f0-7000-7263-38bc33f024ba",
"status": 400,
"errors": [
"-1",
"System.InvalidOperationException"
]
}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SheltonThompson

Re: Send an HTTP Requet to SharePoint 400 Bad Request Error

No difference. I just really started to flow with the setting and changed the method from POST to PATCH in the method field below the Site Address and upon doing that everything worked. 

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SheltonThompson

Update, I found I was missing a bracket however getting a new error

{
"message": "The parameter __metadata does not exist in method GetById.\r\nclientRequestId: b42bae69-dc50-44c1-82ac-49a47f243f08\r\nserviceRequestId: b5f1ac9e-d096-7000-6f34-48b6d970ccc2",
"-1",
"Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException"
]
}

Hi!

When you paste this URL in your browser: https://cargillonline.sharepoint.com/sites/CSSP_team/COE/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('Ariba%20List')/Items/, then what is the value for the "category" (search for "<category term=" element)? Is it SP.Data.Ariba_ListListItem or maybe SP.Data.AribaListListItem?

I'd start with that.

Regarding the bracket - now you have it at the beginning of the "body" content, right?

Regards,

Tomasz

SheltonThompson

Correct the bracket is at the beginning of the body.

In regards to the element, on searching as you described, it was SP.Data.AribaListListItem. I updated the body of the Flow however it still results in the same error nessage:

{
"message": "The parameter __metadata does not exist in method GetById.\r\nclientRequestId: ca128ddf-98c7-4a4d-8c75-2ec4991a57f5\r\nserviceRequestId: bff3ac9e-2078-7000-4a32-9ebe3997db2b",
"-1",
]
}
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SheltonThompson,

I noticed that the content configured in the Body seems to lack a "{".

Also if the list name contains spaces, the type value should look like "SP.Data.Ariba_x0020_ListListItem". Specifically, you could view it like this, as the method that TomaszPoszytek mentioned.

Open the source in the browser and observe the category of the xml data, which will contain the value of type.

Here is a similar Thread that you could use for reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Clear-people-picker-box-in-SharePoint-list-error/...

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SheltonThompson

Yes as mentioned above, I already corrected adding the bracket at the beginning immiediatly after posting and ran into the other error that I mentioned in my last post.

I have looked up the category term=" element) as mentioned by TomaszPoszytek  which resulted in "SP.Data.Ariba_ListListItem" and tried that and it resulted in the same error. I have also tried your solution of "SP.Data.Ariba_x0020_ListListItem" which again resulted in the same error.

I tired the link you provided below, and ensured my flow matched the settings they mentioned that were all resulting in an error and unfortunatly still resulting in the same error.

Here is the error:

{
"message": "The parameter __metadata does not exist in method GetById.\r\nclientRequestId: 62bbbfd7-ab6e-43b7-81f9-6161b5822c36\r\nserviceRequestId: 1b41ad9e-701a-7000-7263-36f7e9cb15ac",
"-1",
]
}

Here is an updated copy of my current flow settings. I am unsure what you wish me to try again? FLowSettings.png

**bleep**, I really can't see an issue in your configuration. But I bet this is something regardin the internal names vs. display names. Can you create a test list, without any spaces, dashes, underscores in names and test on it?

Just a seconds ago I run the Flow that was created to PoC what I described in the post and it run sucessfully. This is my actions full configuration:

2018-12-18_21h58_44.png

Do you see any differences?

Regards,

Tomasz

Highlighted
SheltonThompson

No difference. I just really started to flow with the setting and changed the method from POST to PATCH in the method field below the Site Address and upon doing that everything worked. 

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

Maybe you should've typed "PATCH" instead of "Patch" in the request headers?

Can you check if this will work for you?

Regards,
Tomasz

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,517)