cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Send an approval email if the End Date on a SharePoint Calendar has changed

Hi

I am looking to build a flow for a SharePoint calendar that is trigged when the End Date for the event is modified or the recurrence has been modified.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is what I built.  You first have to add a second date/time (hidden) field in your SharePoint calendar.

Here is the Condition from the image below. 

@or(equals(triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_End_x0020_Date'], triggerBody()?['EndDate']),empty(triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_End_x0020_Date']))

AddColumn.jpgEndDateFlow.jpg

Terrence McCleary

SP Solutions Group

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Helper V
Helper V

I know you will need to create a hidden column on the SharePoint list to store the last value. Your flow will then need to compaire the last value with the current value to see if they are different.  If they are different then you will send the approval and if they are the same you will need to do nothing. 

I am working on a example but have to step away for a meeting I will try and swing back to add some additional details.

Terrence McCleary

SP Solutions Group

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, that makes sense and gives me something to work.  I look forward to hearing more.

Here is what I built.  You first have to add a second date/time (hidden) field in your SharePoint calendar.

Here is the Condition from the image below. 

@or(equals(triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_End_x0020_Date'], triggerBody()?['EndDate']),empty(triggerBody()?['Last_x0020_End_x0020_Date']))

AddColumn.jpgEndDateFlow.jpg

Terrence McCleary

SP Solutions Group

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BBME,

Currently, Flow cannot monitor whether the value of the specified field has changed.

The method @spsolutionsgrp provides seems to match your needs.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,335)