cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David83
Regular Visitor

Send an approval email to a specific user

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of creating a new approval process for the HR department for a new hiring process.

What it entails is that if a certain user wants to hire someone for their department, first they will need to fill out a Sharepoint form. This will be sent to the General Manager for the approval process of this new hire, then the HR department and so on..

The issue that I am having is that the manager that this form needs to be sent out depends based on the location of the user. For example, if the user is located in California the approval needs to go to the manager of that location; however, if the user is located in Mexico then the manager for that location it's different. 

I was thinking of adding a field in the Sharepoint form that said something like "input here the email of the manager of your site" and in the flow to grab that field from the Sharepoint list and send it to that email. But when I try to add a dynamic action in the "Assigned to" field in the "start an approval" the only two options that I can add are "Created by email" and "Modified by email".

I am not sure if it is possible but any help would be appreciated it.

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

My suggestion is to assign the input email to a 'Compose' action block before the 'Create an approval' action block, and see if Dynamic Content menu now offers you the option to add the Compose outputs also

I also assume 'Get manager' action block does not provide you the desired email address, right?

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

My suggestion is to assign the input email to a 'Compose' action block before the 'Create an approval' action block, and see if Dynamic Content menu now offers you the option to add the Compose outputs also

I also assume 'Get manager' action block does not provide you the desired email address, right?

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

I just tried using the compose action and it seemed to work. I am going to do some testing with the HR department and see if they like this workaround.

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,914)