Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devinm501
Helper II
Helper II

Send an email 60 days before due date

Hi,

I'm in the middle of creating a flow that will roughly run once a month to check if a users subscription expires in the next 60 days. I can't seem to get this working however and wondering if I'm doing something wrong that I can't see. Here is what my flow looks like:

Devinm501_0-1614702670704.png

In my condition is where I'm going wrong

Left side: 

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Clearence - Expiry Date'], 'MM/dd/yyyy')

Is less than or equal to 

Right side: 
formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(), 60), 'MM/dd/yyyy')

Not sure if this is correct but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Devin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

When you are comparing dates in your flow you must always use the format yyyy-MM-dd. Later on in your flow you can convert a date to the format you want, but for the comparison both dates must be in the yyyy-MM-dd format.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

When you are comparing dates in your flow you must always use the format yyyy-MM-dd. Later on in your flow you can convert a date to the format you want, but for the comparison both dates must be in the yyyy-MM-dd format.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

thank you rob, I assumed it would be MM/dd/yyyy or even dd/MM/yyyy as this is how its displayed in the sharepoint column itself?

does the formula look correct besides this?

@Devinm501 As you've got spaces in your Clearence - Expiry Date SharePoint column name you might need to use _x0020_ in place of the spaces, but you can check the internal name that is being used in the List Settings, select the column then look at the field= in the address bar.

Your formula will bring back everything that is less than or equal to today + 60 days, so even tomorrow! You might just want to use is equal to.

Rob
Los Gallardos

thank you, ive now changed to the column name.

For the less than or equal to i used this purely because the flow will only run once a month so if perhaps a expiration date is less than the 60 days after the last run time i need that to be captured also.

I've just entered a dummy date of 06/04/2021 and changed the recurrence to once a minute just to test and apparently it has ran through successfully but i have received no email. When i click on the flow to get the summary i also see this:

Devinm501_0-1614704525434.png

It doesnt let me check the condition as its greyed out for some reason, any idea why this would be?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,454)