cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ohyoon
Regular Visitor

Send an email From actual creator instead of Flow developer

Hello, 

I created a Flow that sends an email when a new post is created in MS Teams channel. 

From (Send as) is defined as Message From Display User. However in actuality, all the emails are shown as sent by me (the developer / owner of the Flow). 

Is there a way to fix it? 

Thanks! 

Ohyoon 

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 17.35.46.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-19 at 17.49.38.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Ohyoon ,

do you have some dynamic content with her email address? I think it should be an email in that field.

You can try to enter the the email address of your colleague directly to see if it works.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Ohyoon ,

the 'From (Send as)' setting applies only to mailboxes where you've got the 'Send as' permissions, I think it's shared mailboxes mostly. You can't just send an email from other user's mailbox unless you have 'Send as' permissions on that mailbox.

The outlook connection is using your outlook connection, it can do only what you can do. You probably can't send emails on behalf of all team members and therefore the 'Send as' configuration will be ignored.

Hello @tom_riha,

Many thanks for your help!  If I understand correctly, The admin should add a 'send as' permission to the mailbox of the owner of FLOW. Currently, I'm configuring the Flow, and let one of a colleague to send emails automated by the Flow. 

So we've changed the permission setting, add the colleague (Monique) as Send-as permission in my mailbox. However as we test the flow, email still sent out from my name, instead of my colleague. 

Any thoughts..? 

Thank you!

Ohyoon 

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.08.38.png

Hello @Ohyoon ,

it's the other way around, 'Send as' permissions means that the user can send emails on behalf of you. If you want to send the emails from Monique's mailbox, you must have 'Send as' permissions on her mailbox.

Hi @tom_riha, that makes sense. 

I updated the settings, actually added each other's names in 'send-as' permission just to be sure. Still, in inbox her name does not appear as the sender. 

Perhaps I should add the right dynamic content in From(Send as)" Field? In MS Teams There are 3 different parameters related with "Message From", I tried one by one, still the problem persists . 

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 13.29.16.png

Hello @Ohyoon ,

do you have some dynamic content with her email address? I think it should be an email in that field.

You can try to enter the the email address of your colleague directly to see if it works.

View solution in original post

@tom_riha Yes, it worked by adding her email directly! Thank you!!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,897)