cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasonbic
Level: Powered On

Send an email (V2) Dynamic Content

When using Send an email (v2) and viewing in Code View, I add a Dynamic field to the content (i.e. a hyperlink a href="<dynamic field>") but when I change the view back Html View it changes the whole email body.

For example code view will turn from this:

<a href="http://system.domain.com/index.php?id=[Dynamic Content]&code=[Dynamic Content]">click here</a>

Changed into this:

[Dynamic Content]<a href="http://system.domain.com/index.php?id=&lt;object custom=">&amp;code=</a>[Dynamic Content]<a href="href="http://system.domain.com/index.php?id=&lt;object custom=">"&gt;click here</a>

Absoultely no idea how this happens.. But if I set the code view with the Dynamic Content and Save the Flow, it will work.

However next time I open the Send an email (V2) step it displays as above...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send an email (V2) Dynamic Content

Hi @jasonbic ,

If you want to add a similar hyperlink tag to email body, it is recommended to use Send an email action directly and set Is html field to Yes.

In addition, if you are configuring a hyperlink in Send an email (V2) action, please manually configure Link Title and Link Target using the feature provided in the editing tool.

Image refernece:

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jasonbic ,

If you want to add a similar hyperlink tag to email body, it is recommended to use Send an email action directly and set Is html field to Yes.

In addition, if you are configuring a hyperlink in Send an email (V2) action, please manually configure Link Title and Link Target using the feature provided in the editing tool.

Image refernece:

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jasonbic

@v-bacao-msftthank you for your response.

Is there a reason Send an email is recommended over Send an email (V2)?

Additionally, you cannot add Dynamic Content when using Link Title and Link Target.

mpoppe

Hi,

Recently 'send an email' has been depreciated and it is still not possible to ad dynamic content to a hyperlink in send an email V2.  Will this be added soon? We send a link to a sharepoint item in emails, and this is not useable anymore.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 6,361 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: