cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Send an email (V2) - doesn't support line breaks from SP list multi-line column type?

In a SP list, I have a multi-line column type where we enter paragraphs with spaces between the paragraphs.  Send Email (V1) correctly shows these spaces . Send Email (V2) runs the sentences together and basically makes this V2 useless for my situation.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this how it is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Send an email (V2) - doesn't support line breaks from SP list multi-line column type?

@bryanc78  I make a tutorial please see my post in my blog

https://www.christianabata.com/2020/07/line-breaks-from-sp-list-multi-line.html

you can found the flow to import here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Line-breaks-into-an-Email-from-SP-list-m...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Send an email (V2) - doesn't support line breaks from SP list multi-line column type?

hi @bryanc78  you can use HTML br to do a line break

linebreak.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@ChristianAbata 

Doesn't that creates line breaks for text I enter in the flow itself?  But what about a data field I bring in from a SharePoint list?  How do I get those line breaks to appear?

If you look at the below Evaluation Notes field, that field in SP has say 4 paragraphs with line breaks in-between each paragraph.  I need those line breaks to also show up in the email

2020-07-30_10-21-25.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bryanc78  what you can do is add a compose value to replace your /n or ?n to <br>, this can be made using expression

your expresion could be like replace('YOUR SHAREPOINT COLUMN HERE', '/n','<br>')

then you can use the compose output to send it to mail.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@ChristianAbata  do you know of a good blog post or guide that could walk me through that?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bryanc78  I make a tutorial please see my post in my blog

https://www.christianabata.com/2020/07/line-breaks-from-sp-list-multi-line.html

you can found the flow to import here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Line-breaks-into-an-Email-from-SP-list-m...

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@ChristianAbata 

That worked like a charm.  The last compose did not have the code visible but I just used the original code and replaced it with decode.

Thank you for taking the time to create this tutorial.  Very useful!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bryanc78  excellent, is a good new 🙂

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OMG this is exactly what I need. Thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,365)