cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahkelley
Regular Visitor

Send an email based on Excel date - stopped working

Hi all - 

I put together a flow that sends an email reminder to staff 30 days prior to the expiration date of certifications, based on an Excel spreadsheet.

It worked perfectly until this morning - I hadn't made any changes to the flow. I had made a few changes to dates in the Excel spreadsheet, but that shouldn't have caused the flow to stop working. 

It hangs up on the Condition that compares Expiration Date to this formula: 

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),30),'MM/dd/yyyy')

I added 2 Compose sections to see what was actually getting passed through the variables, and I saw exactly what I expected to see: two dates in the proper format. When the same, the Condition is met and the flow should kick out an email, but the flow is throwing an error on the Condition.

I was in the spreadsheet editing when the flow ran this morning, so maybe that did something? I have no idea. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Flow1.PNG

Flow2.PNG

Flow3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sarahkelley
Regular Visitor

Figured it out - it wasn't failing on the condition, it was failing because there was an error in the "send an email" piece. Moderators - I can leave the original post up if the flow would be helpful to someone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mgrachii
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you share the actual error you are getting ? A screenshot of what Power AUtomate is telling in the condition?

Strange thing - I ran it once just now to reproduce the error, and it ran fine, no problem. 

I changed a date in the spreadsheet to meet the condition (to see if an email would go out) and it failed again.

Here's a screenshot: error.PNG

sarahkelley
Regular Visitor

Figured it out - it wasn't failing on the condition, it was failing because there was an error in the "send an email" piece. Moderators - I can leave the original post up if the flow would be helpful to someone.

Hi @sarahkelley 

Thanks for your posting and glad that your issue is solved.

Please consider accepting your reply as an answer so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,130)