cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jainsy

Send an email based on date in excel

Hello, 

Newbie here! I have absolutely no idea how to achieve what I set out to do (sorry!)

I'd like a flow that is scheduled to run every Monday morning at 8 am. 

I have an excel table with 2 columns - 'Name' and 'Deadline for Renewal'. 

NameDeadline for renewal
Archie21/11/2022
Barry23/11/2021
Bob13/4/2022
Chris27/12/2021

I would like an email to myself if the date in 'Deadline for renewal' is less than 3 months from today's date

Email should say 'Name' is due for renewal on 'Deadline for renewal'. Please act accordingly. 

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jainsy 

According to your description, you want to send an email based on date in excel.

I set up a flow based on the information you provided, you can take a try with the following screenshots to see if it helps.

This is my test excel and Deadline for renewal column is date data type. 

vLilyWmsft_13-1632972553382.png

Flow in details:

vLilyWmsft_0-1632970391243.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1632970519792.png

Expression1:formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Deadline for renewal'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

Expression2:addDays(utcNow(),90,'yyyy-MM-dd')

vLilyWmsft_4-1632971189192.png

Expression:formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Deadline for renewal'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

vLilyWmsft_5-1632971331325.png

Then save and test Flow.

After flow runs, I will receive two emails like below.

vLilyWmsft_3-1632970948181.png

vLilyWmsft_2-1632970939613.png

If you want to filter out all eligible rows and send them in an email , you can refer to this Flow.

vLilyWmsft_6-1632971492753.png

Expression1:formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['Deadline for renewal'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

Expression2:addDays(utcNow(),90,'yyyy-MM-dd')

vLilyWmsft_7-1632971944675.png

vLilyWmsft_11-1632972296494.png

vLilyWmsft_9-1632972105379.png

vLilyWmsft_10-1632972144817.png

After flow runs, i will receive an email like this:

vLilyWmsft_12-1632972370802.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-LilyW-msft,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm getting the error: Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Filter_array' are not defined in the template.'.'.

When I'm trying to save my flow, I'm not sure where I have gone wrong. It seems to be something with the filter array?

I've also tried the first example but it keeps failing when I test as the dates on my sheet aren't in the ISO format? I can't change the format of the dates in my spreadsheet. I need to use dd/mm/yyyy.

Thanks in advance!

NBG05
Regular Visitor

I would like to know if a solution has been found for the error mentioned above: 

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Filter_array' are not defined in the template.'.'.

The second part of your flow for grouping the results returns an error and forced a 'Apply_to_each' in the flow. Is there a step I am missing that will correct this?

Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Filter_array' are not defined in the template.'.'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,654)