cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlaF

Send an email hourly when a sharepoint file is modified

I would like to create a flow that would check for changes to a file once an hour or once every half hour. Then if there is a change it would send an email that the file has been changed.  I currently created a flow that sends an email the file is changed. Unfortunately I could get 20 emails at once is 20 fields have been changed in a spreadsheet.

Any help would really be appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @CarlaF 

You could check on the last modified date for the file within the Flow, if it was modified in the last hour then you could send an email. As you indicate, with the Flow that you have you might receive lots of emails indicating that the file was modified, but you can accomplish this by checking on the last modified date for the file.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

I tried something like that but was having a problem getting it to work. I tried following this solution I found in the community but it failed 'Get file properties' I think it may have been the ID.  I'm not sure what I was supposed to enter in that field.

Annotation 2020-08-10 145300.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (26,330)