cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian2
Helper I
Helper I

Send an email notification V3 altering hyperlinks

Hi everyone, I am trying to send a hyper link using "Send an email notification V3". The hyperlink can get embedded and works correctly but the address is different once the user receives it. 

From the flow run history, the link looks normal and correct.

Adrian2_1-1597730181831.png

However, when hovering over the link in the sent email it looks very much like a phishing link although it does work correctly. 

Adrian2_2-1597730410930.png

This poses a problem because anyone receiving such a link especially from an external sender would not click it. How can I stop the link from changing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Adrian2,

After you activate the advanced security features, links in your email might look different. For example, in some messages links might appear longer than usual, and include text such as "na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com." This is related to the checks we perform to protect you from phishing attacks.

To provide the best protection for your account, Safelinks are on by default. You can turn them off by signing in to https://outlook.live.com. Then select Settings > Premium > Security. There's a toggle under Advanced Security that you can use to turn off Safelinks. Note that turning off Safelinks will only affect future messages you receive. It won't change the link format in messages you've already received. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is an exchange settings that needs to be changed by Exchange Admin to not classify address as External. Please contact your company Exchange Administrators.

Please Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

Will this also fix the changing hyperlink problem?

Hi @Adrian2,

After you activate the advanced security features, links in your email might look different. For example, in some messages links might appear longer than usual, and include text such as "na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com." This is related to the checks we perform to protect you from phishing attacks.

To provide the best protection for your account, Safelinks are on by default. You can turn them off by signing in to https://outlook.live.com. Then select Settings > Premium > Security. There's a toggle under Advanced Security that you can use to turn off Safelinks. Note that turning off Safelinks will only affect future messages you receive. It won't change the link format in messages you've already received. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msft 

Sorry for the late reply. Appreciate the detailed answer. I guess the only option is to get the users to disable safelinks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (38,854)