cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kucster
Frequent Visitor

Send an email notification (V3) and SendGrid Security

I’m looking at using the Send an email notification (V3) action but am a little concerned about the email going through SendGrid. Am I being to paranoid?

6 REPLIES 6

Thank you for the response what I'm talking about specifically is the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sendmail/ but I image they are the same thing.

It is very interesting Microsoft would put there name on this but trust someone else to do it. No where on the page do you see anything about SendGrid

What makes you think that connector has anything to do with SendGrid? As far as I can tell it isn't connected.

The SendGrid connector is standalone and a completely separate connector.

I've been using SendGrid for years (on an professional account with a dedicated IP) and haven't had any issues, it is a brilliant service in terms of the functionality but it is clear that they have security issues at the moment - which they have failed to address before it's become a big problem for them.

Kucster
Frequent Visitor

When I try and add Send an email notification (V3) to my solution I get a pop up asking me to agree to the SendGrid terms and services, so I image that is who they are using to send the emails, which really baffles me.

So it does, I've never used that before:

SendGrid.PNG

I guess they must have a deal with SendGrid in place which allows the use of their infrastructure. I'd like to understand how the sender domain is validated at the recipient end though (as this is normally a part of the sendgrid setup for any domain you want to send as).

I will have a play with it later. It is somewhat understandable, SendGrid do already have a mass emailing platform built, but it is somewhat concealed that it is a 3rd party connector.

Kucster
Frequent Visitor

Per there Docs they do not handle sender verification and you have to jump through some hurdles to make sure it is not blocked by spam filters.

I'm moving some Workflows and there notifications always came from Microsoft so I have no idea why they would not be doing this themselves. And I know email is not the most secure, but it is certainly better if it never leaves Microsoft. 

Very disappointing as the only other option is the Outlook Connector but then it comes from the user or a service account which has it's own issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (65,193)