cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learnfromyou
Level: Powered On

Send an email notification failing - Invalidtemplate

When I use this Action - Send an email notification. It always returns an InvalidTemplate.  But when I create a brand new Flow with couple Actions - it works fine, but with my existing flow that has alot of actions... does not work. Do I really need to re-create a new flow? Really want to know the root cause of this issue. 

sendanEmailnotificationSettings.JPGInvalidTemplate.JPG

ALSO, the email that are sent out has a footer - "If you want to unsubscribe from these emails, please use this form."

How can I remove this footer in the email body? emailfooter.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send an email notification failing - Invalidtemplate

Hi @Learnfromyou ,

This may happen when you add an action that contains other connections to an existing Flow.

The solution is to export the Flow as a .zip file and then re-import it as a new Flow. The problem can be solved without re-creating the Flow.

But according to your current requirements, if you don't want the footer you mentioned in the email, I recommend you use Send an email action directly.

There is currently no way to remove the footer contained in the email notification, which is a fixed format for notification.

Please try using Send an email action directly, as below:

17.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Learnfromyou

I didn't want to use Microsoft Outlook Send an email because that is using MY email address. I don't want users to reply back to me.... and also every email sends out from Flow, it will be in MY sent folder from Outlook. 

I thought of using a shared mailbox, but then it is attached to MY email address. So when me or other developers use that shared mailbox, it will also show up in their Outlook client and the sent folder for that sharedbox would explode. What is the best way for just wanting to send an email from PowerApps. I don't even need a real mailbox. Just a mailbox that will show something like DoNotReply. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Learnfromyou ,

Thank for your reply.

Based on your description, only Send an email notification action is available to meet your needs.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to remove the footer in the email body.

I want to know if I have fixed the InvalidTemplate error by the method I provided.

Besides, if you want MS Flow to remove the footer in notification email body, please consider voting for the similar idea, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Remove-unsubscribe-link-from-mail-connector/idi-p/137...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Learnfromyou

Thank you very much.  Once I re-imported as new flow, I need to reconnect it in PowerApps right? and other settings need to  be updated as well.

How many votes typically need it to get considered for future releases? So far I see 8...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 349 members 4,857 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: