cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send an email reminder

Hi Community,

I want to send an email reminder to the Task owner in a SharePoint Tasks list through a workflow. As follows:

1. Send an email reminder to task owner 1 day before due date

2. Send 2nd reminder to the task owner on the same target date 

3. Send an email every 3 day to task owner until the task is closed 

How do I achieve this

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send an email reminder

Hi @Turka89,

If you want to send the first two reminder emails, you should create a Recurrence trigger runs every day.

Then create a condition to determine:

• The due date sub 1 days if equals to utcNow();
  • Or target date if equals to utcNow();

If you want to send reminder Email every 3 days until the task is closed, you should create the other Recurrence trigger runs every day, then check the start day whether equals to today, if it is, start a Do until loop to send Email every three days until the task status is closed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Your logic is correct, however, emails was still coming. I found this post which actually solved it for me.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Do-Until-question/m-p/54008#M920

Thank you so much for your time. Much appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Turka89,

If you want to send the first two reminder emails, you should create a Recurrence trigger runs every day.

Then create a condition to determine:

• The due date sub 1 days if equals to utcNow();
  • Or target date if equals to utcNow();

If you want to send reminder Email every 3 days until the task is closed, you should create the other Recurrence trigger runs every day, then check the start day whether equals to today, if it is, start a Do until loop to send Email every three days until the task status is closed.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Thank you so much for your inputs it worked 1st and 2nd reminder however, im facing issues with 3rd reminder. Emails still coming even though I have changed the task status to 'Completed'. Here is a screenshot

ts.PNG

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Turka89,

What's the type of the Task status column?

If it is a choice column, you should use the dynamic content Task status value into the input of Do until action.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Still getting emails. My scenario if Due date is less than Today date send emails every 3 days until task is completed.

task.PNG

t1.pngt3.PNG

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Turka89,

The Flow to send an email every 3 days to task owner until the task is closed should be:

1. Recurrence trigger runs every day;

2. Get items to filter items that Start date equals to today, formate date should be 'yyyy-MM-dd';

3. Then create a Do-until loop for these items to send reminder email every 3 days until status value equals to Completed.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Your logic is correct, however, emails was still coming. I found this post which actually solved it for me.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/Do-Until-question/m-p/54008#M920

Thank you so much for your time. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,316)