cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112b
Level: Powered On

Send an email - send as

I have tons of flows.  Been using for quite a while.

Use send an email a lot to send notifications to various people.

Because I don't want to use my personal account IT setup a shared mailbox for me and gave me rights to send as about a year ago.

All of my flows us send as... with no issues.

Yesterday I started creating a new flow and noticed that the 'send an email' I always use either no longer exists or no longer has the send as option. (I do still see it in my old flows just fine)

I see they added a new send an email form shared mailbox...  I am trying to use this.

I am testing by sending an email to myself.

I see the sent message in the sent items of the shared mailbox (no longer shows up in my sent items)... the problem is I never got the sent message??

Not sure how this is possible?

Again I received emails from this shared mailbox all the time daily.  But using the old Flow command.

How do I get this working again?  Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks,

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mattw112b

Re: Send an email - send as

Nevermind, seems to be something to do with rules.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

@Mattw112b 

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Mattw112b

Really?  I said all the details, not asking about structure, or settings... asking if anyone else is having issues?  I see it in the sent folder of the shared mailbox but not getting to my inbox from there.  It has always working with the "send an email"+ Send As... not sure why they got rid of that.  

Is there a different step I can use to "Send as" instead of send from shared mailbox?

Thanks,

Terry

Mattw112b

Nevermind, seems to be something to do with rules.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I know its marked as solved, but I don't see the solution.  So here's the explanation.  The old Send an Email action had a From field where you could enter the name of another user's mailbox, as long as you had Send As permission, and the email would be sent from them. That option is no longer available in the current Send and Email action. I don't have any inside information, but I've handled a number of issues for people on the forums who were trying to use the From field, but didn't understand the requirement for Send As permissions. I think MS saw a lot of similar problems so they pulled it because it was impractical. You are using it the way it was originally intended, but most people didn't.

The other thing to point out is that Send from a Shared mailbox may not work for you either.  That action requires that the mailbox you use be an actual Shared mailbox, not just a mailbox that you have Send as permission to.  Its a different kind of mailbox entirely. Hope that clarifies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mattw112b

The solution like I said turned out to be rules issues.  That's why I marked that.

I do appreciate the description of the changes though.

I have/had this working for a long time now using the "Send as.."  not sure why they would take that option away completely?  From Shared Mailbox I guess is fine though.  Difference is sends showing in my sent items vs showing in the shared mailbox sent items?  Which again I guess is fine.

Will my old flows continue to work though or do I need to go updates hundreds of items?

Thanks,

Terry

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Your old Flows should continue to work for a while.  The old action is deprecated, not deleted.  But eventually the old action will go away and your Flows will break.

gab039
Level: Power Up

I do have same issue

can you let me know how can I replace "send as" option

is it send an email from a shared mailbox V2???

I have tried but never receives reply

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To control the from on an email your only real option at this point is to use Send email from a shared mailbox. Just remember that a Shared mailbox is a specific kind of mailbox, not just a mailbox that has been shared with you. You'll need to have your admins actually create a shared mailbox to use that action successfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,465)