cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amandawinton
Regular Visitor

Send an email settings to use Plain text NOT HTML

I'm hoping someone can help me....

I've set up a flow that works really nicely - where data is submitted from a MS Form, then that same data populated into the body of the email.

The email is then sent to an application, which receives the email and is supposed to populate the fields in the App with the data in the email body.

However - that's not working properly at the moment because the email format needs to be in Plain Text. 

(this integration works fine as i have tested an alternate way, it's the fact that the email body is not sending in Plain text so it's not being received by the App)

The flow is successful every time I test it.

I've seen other screenshots where there is an 'Is HTML' field at the bottom of the Send an Email flow but that doesn't appear in mine. Is there another setting somewhere? 

Or is the email plain text by default and therefore the issue is simply up / downstream of this (not that I have any further connections after this one)

(I have deleted out the outgoing email address and any other names to protect privacy only).

Any help is greatly appreciated (I'm new to this)!

Thanks

First 2 connectionsFirst 2 connectionsEmail set upEmail set upNo HTML OptionNo HTML Option

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @amandawinton,

For the moment the Send an email (V2) card does not support disabling the HTML code.

If you would like to see this enabled in the future you could submit this idea here.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Mmmmm... previous versions of "Send an email" offered the option to mark the body as HTML, but I guess either they are deprecated or close to be.

Did you try to click on the </> icon on the top left of the email body and switch into 'Rich text editor' view instead? I believe it is text plain based

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/rich-text-editing/

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @amandawinton 

The content is being sent as HTML because the HTML option is selected. You can place the cursor in the body and copy the entire content and delete it from there and then click the <> to switch to the plain text editor and then paste the entire copied text. 

ffe.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks - Yes I tried this approach and it didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks - I had already tried this but it didn't work

Hi @amandawinton,

For the moment the Send an email (V2) card does not support disabling the HTML code.

If you would like to see this enabled in the future you could submit this idea here.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

HI Ovidiu

The link to submit the idea does not work. Can you please share again

Amanda

Hi @amandawinton,

The link works for me: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

image.png

Are you receiving an error?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Yes I am - I am logged in also.Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 18.37.54.png

Hi @amandawinton,

Can you please try this link: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas and let me know if you an access it?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Yes, the second link worked. (MPAIdeas).

Thanks

PowerFox
Frequent Visitor

Using plain text is a great way to collect data and have flow do cool stuff with this. The person who authorized the removal of this feature in V2 should be fired, this is just stupid on a whole other level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,248)