cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hokulani64_

Send an email to a distro email from automated email address when a new message is added to Teams

I've been trying to build a flow with the Teams trigger When a new channel message is added with the following caveats:

- The email needs to come from a "no-reply" or standard Microsoft type of email (basically, no user name)

- The email is going to a distro group with about 145 members

I was able to successfully run a test with an email directly to myself after creating a SharePoint subsite titled "no-reply" and using that as the site address in the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action.

IMG_9363.jpg

After some research on how to get this to work with a distro email address, I tried a few different options from other threads and YouTube videos but am still getting an error (I confirmed the email address is correct and I am also the owner of the distro email):

IMG_9367.jpg

My tenant doesn't have the regular MAIL function, which is why I'm using the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint action.  After lots of trial and error, here is the most recent flow I've been attempting:

IMG_9364.jpg

IMG_9365.jpg

Before this, I tried without the variable and typed the email address in the brackets instead, but still had the same error (variable suggestion was from another thread). 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@hokulani64_ 

Why not use an appropriately named shared mailbox?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Is there a way for it not to show the owner?  We want the from to look like the Sharepoint or power automate email addresses so that the user doesn't inquire with the email owner(s) being that it is going to a large organization.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,736)