cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spip93

Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms - Response is not in JSON format.

Hi,

I created a form on Microsoft Forms.

I would like to receive notifications when someone responds to this form.
I searched on the internet how to do it. I found this tutorial (https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-notify-me-via-email-when-a-new-response-is-submitted-in...)
In this tutorial (which dates from 2017), the author talks about Microsoft Flow (now Microsoft Power Automate).
I have, I believe, followed what was indicated there and I have tested my form.
Problem: At the end of the test I have an error "The response is not in a JSON format."

How to correct this problem knowing that I "just" want to receive notifications by email when someone answers this form (not necessarily to have the answers in the email)?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Have a nice day

P.S: If anyone has another, more recent tutorial, to be notified when someone responds to a Microsoft Form, I'm interested.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spip93

It's good, I searched and found another model/template that works.
For your information, this one is called "M'informer dans Outlook quand un étudiant répond à un questionnaire" which means "Notify me in Outlook when a student takes a quiz".

It's a French model/template, but who cares as long as it works, right?

Hope this helps others if they have the same problem.

Anyway thank you for your help @Naveen_772 

Have a nice day 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Naveen_772
Resolver II
Resolver II

@spip93  I think it should be straightforward. Please check the screenshot for reference.

Naveen_772_0-1646310449900.png

Output:

Naveen_772_1-1646310484865.png

Can you attach a screenshot for your flow?

If it helps then please accept this as a solution.

spip93

Hi @Naveen_772 ,

Thank you for your help.

Please find below:

My flow page:

spip93_2-1646313116142.png

And there the page where we see the error (bottom right)

spip93_0-1646312589947.png

As you can see, there is not much difference with your first screenshot.

I would also like to point out that the problem does not come from the form ID in the sense that I do have the list of questions for THIS form. By the way, I use the first answer to this one ("Who are you?") in the Subject and in the Body of the notification email.

spip93

It's good, I searched and found another model/template that works.
For your information, this one is called "M'informer dans Outlook quand un étudiant répond à un questionnaire" which means "Notify me in Outlook when a student takes a quiz".

It's a French model/template, but who cares as long as it works, right?

Hope this helps others if they have the same problem.

Anyway thank you for your help @Naveen_772 

Have a nice day 😉

Naveen_772
Resolver II
Resolver II

@spip93 I am glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing it.😊 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,871)