cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Zech
Level: Power Up

Send an email when 100 or more files are deleted from SharePoint Document Library

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a flow to notify me when there's bulk deletion of files on a SharePoint Libray...basicaly i need a notification to be sent via email when 100 or more files are deleted from SharePoint Document Library.

Please help with advising me if the below approach will archive what i want or is this the right order of these flow?

The error i get is  (ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Send_an_email_2' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.)

Thank you for your help!

My Flow Approach:

1.PNG2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Send an email when 100 or more files are deleted from SharePoint Document Library

@Zech :

The "When an file is deleted" trigger fires when an individual document is deleted.  There is no list of documents to loop through. Can you explain what you are looping through in the screen shot of your Flow?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Zech

Re: Send an email when 100 or more files are deleted from SharePoint Document Library

@ScottShearer:

I'm trying to get a notification when 100 files or more are delted from the Document library.

lthough i'm not sure if i am using the right approach?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Zech.

In my opnion you need to use 2 flows:

- When a file is deleted

-First create an list to count the files deleted

-In this flow simple increment the count of this list

-When an file was modified

-Apply this flow to 'Counter List'

-When your count reach 100, send and e-mail and restore the count to 0

Best Regards,

Gustavo Moraes

Community Super User
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. And give me a kudo to make me more happy!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

Super User
Super User

@Zech :

I agree with the approach suggested by @gamoraes however, that approach will notify you when a total of 100 files has been deleted - they need not have been deleted at the same time.

I don't know of a good way of achieving your goal.  To make this work, you would need to look at the time a file was deleted.  The notification would take place only if 100 files were deleted within a very short period of time.  You would need to log that a file was deleted into a separate list along with the time.  Then you would need to check the list to see if 100 or more files were deleted within a given period of time.  This is doable but it will be ugly.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Zech

@ScottShearer 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 3,993 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: