cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Send an email when due date is tomorrow

Hi All, Hoping someone can help me understand why im getting a certain error. 

Very simple request, trying to get the flow to send me a trigger when the due date is tomorrow...only issue is Monday where I want it to send on Friday but forget that for now....if I can't figure that out I will just make a separate flow. 

BUT

I'm getting an error which I don't understand why its happening. 

Here is the current set up. 

gardnerlhwrc_0-1646905336399.png

Left Condition 

formatDateTime(item()['PermiteEndDate'],'dd-MM-yyyy')     (understand the spelling error but looking at SP list thats how it's listed in URL)

Right

addDays(utcNow(),1,'dd-MM-yyyy')

Last part of the flow is just send an email when condition above is true. 

I'm getting this error and dont understand why. 
Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition' at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language expression ' formatDateTime(item()['PermiteEndDate'],'dd-MM-yyyy')' cannot be evaluated because property 'PermiteEndDate' doesn't exist, available properties are '@odata.etag, ItemInternalId, ID, Title, Description, SubmittedbyName, SubmittedbyEmail, AssignedName, SubmittedDate, Status, Priority, ModifiedDate, Cost, OData__x0033_MonthCheck, Modified, Created, Author, Author#Claims, Editor, Editor#Claims, SubmittedDay, SubmittedMonth, SubmittedYear, CompletedDay, CompletedMonth, CompletedYear, {Identifier}, {IsFolder}, {Thumbnail}, {Link}, {Name}, {FilenameWithExtension}, {Path}, {FullPath}, {HasAttachments}, {VersionNumber}'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Which to me basically is saying that the system doesn't see my column PermiteEndDate

Am I going crazy?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gardnerlhwrc,

I have seen that you have a duplicated thread here.

Since you have resolved this, I will mark here and close this case.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gardnerlhwrc
Helper II
Helper II

Stand down....Seems even though the flow throws an Error it still works. 

If someone could tell me if im on the right path regarding email being triggered on Friday in the due date is Monday. 

Can use another flow but slightly different condition? 

Right 

formatDateTime(item()['PermiteEndDate'],'dd-MM-yyyy')
Left
addDays(utcNow(),3,'dd-MM-yyyy')
AND
dayofweek == 1

If true 
Send email

False
Nothing

Hi @gardnerlhwrc,

I have seen that you have a duplicated thread here.

Since you have resolved this, I will mark here and close this case.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,567)