cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Send an email when someone hasn't entered data

Hoping someone can give me an idea. I am needing to collect forecasts from 100 different people each week. I was thinking of setting up something on sharepoint that they can fill out, rather than a excel that spreadsheet. But I would like to set up an email in flow that sends to their leader if they have NOT entered their forecast by a certain time. So the flow would have to look at a full list of people and compare it to the list on sharepoint I imagine. Not sure if its possible but would be good if I could automate this rather than do it manually. Thanks

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @tyringmybest ,

The best option to manage the pre-group of people is creating a Azure AD side user group. In the user group, you may add/remove users based on your business requirement. 

So, the whole process would be as below:

#1. Create an Azure AD user group to stipulate the list of people required

#2. Create SharePoint list items based on the Azure AD User group at the beginning of the week: using scheduling in Power automate

#3. Let end user fill the required fields in the existing SharePoint list item

#4. Add a scheduling trigger and send emails to manages after filtering the user list who didn't fill the fields timely

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @tyringmybest ,

I would suggest the project as three parts:

#1. Create SharePoint list items with required users at the beginning of the week: using scheduling in Power automate

#2. Let end user fill the required fields in the existing SharePoint list item

#3. Add a scheduling trigger and send emails to manages after filtering the user list who didn't fill the fields timely

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

@JisungHan thanks for your reply. Can I ask if I create a list how do I stipulate the list of people required? You mean prefill the name column and have them complete the rest? 

People required? You mean people that should get access to the list?

You can create a Teams and add all of themas members, so by default they will have privileges to operate with the list.

If Teams is not a valid approach, or you need something special, you can customize permissions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-permissions-for-a-sharepoint-list-or-library-02...

...and finally you can enable item level permissions, so only each item can be access only by the administrator and the user that shall update its status

https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-enable-item-level-permissions-in-sharepoint/

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @tyringmybest ,

The best option to manage the pre-group of people is creating a Azure AD side user group. In the user group, you may add/remove users based on your business requirement. 

So, the whole process would be as below:

#1. Create an Azure AD user group to stipulate the list of people required

#2. Create SharePoint list items based on the Azure AD User group at the beginning of the week: using scheduling in Power automate

#3. Let end user fill the required fields in the existing SharePoint list item

#4. Add a scheduling trigger and send emails to manages after filtering the user list who didn't fill the fields timely

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (20,901)