cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric3
Level: Powered On

Send an email with aggregated info from sharepoint list

Hi

I'm struggling with my flow construction, probably because I'm such a newbie at this...

Here's the context...

I have a Sharepoint list of items - each is a project status update including the project name, current status and current activity and the date the information was entered, normal and blocking issues, etc etc.  

The project managers will input to the list every week, using a powerapp.  Then I want to trigger a flow (probably a recurring schedule) that sends an email to the various project sponsors with the latest inputs for each project, the current status of the project and the current activity. 

I scoured around and experimented, but have failed to develop a successful flow.

Any help gratefully received.

Eric

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send an email with aggregated info from sharepoint list

Hi @Eric3,

If you could put a column in the SharePoint list with the various project sponsors' emails, this could achieve easily with a flow like this:

Capture.PNG

Put the project sponsors' emails in the To field and the sharepoint columns in the Body.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Eric3

thanks Mona... my problem is that the information will come from more than one item in the list and I wish to filter by  most recent entry by project name, grab the specific 'cells' from each 'row', join those into one html or string and email that to the sponsor group. 

Am I right in thinking that your suggestion means that each sponsor would get the results of one item per email, and that they would get an email for every 'row' for the project, not just the most recent entry.

What do you think?

E3  

Eric3

So, I finally figured out how to do this...

It goes like this..

Action 1

Matthew_B
Level: Power Up

Any chance of seeing the rest of this solution?

Eric3

Re: Send an email with aggregated info from sharepoint list (MY SOLUTION)

As requested by matthew_B, here's how I ended up...

STEP 1 - Set up your Trigger.  Mine's a Recurrence at 12noon and 5 pm every Friday.

STEP 2 - Get Items.  input your Site Address and your List Name as prompted.  So far, so good.

STEP 3 - Filter that array.  In the From box select "value" from sharepoint

The magic happens in the equation, which looks like this:

@or(equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'), item()?['WedText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['TueText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['MonText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['ThurText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['FriText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['WeekEndText']),equals(utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd'),item()?['WeekStartText']))

For this to work, you will need columns in your sharepoint that calculate the start of the week for each create date column.

You'll also need columns for each day of the week.  For example, MonText is a column in the sharepoint that is a textstring of a column that calculates the date for Monday of that week (based on the Date Created column).  With me so far?

STEP 4:  Use "Select".  "From" is "Body".  Map the key and values you wish to include in your email.

STEP 5:  Use "Create HTML table"

STEP 6:  use "Send an email" and set the Body to "Output"

Clouds part, angels sing. 

Although, seriously, if that is still a bit mysterious, reach out at napper.abc@gmail.com

Good luck

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 5,936 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: