cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscarpradillos4

Send an email with the Excel file attached from another email

Hello,

I am working in a flow to create.

1) The main idea is to take the Excel file attached in one email and, automatically, send it to several people via email.

2) If possible, an extra feature, would be to take the emails of the people who appeared on the Excel sheet and, send it specifically to them. That would mean that the email is only send to the ones who are in the Excel file, as the people who appeared there are not always the same.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @oscarpradillos4 

Watch the following Add a Table to an Excel File - Save Email Attachment - Power Automate #Email #PowerAutomate - YouTub...

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @oscarpradillos4 

If you want to read the file, it will need to be saved to OneDrive or SharePoint with the create file action.  Then in order to read the excel file in power automate, ideally you would have a table.  If that is not the case, you would need to either use the Graph API, Office Scripts OR use the Create a Table action if the content of the file has a fixed range of cells.

Then you can read the file with list rows, get the emails, create a list of emails seperated by semi colon and send your email with the attachment.  

Let me know which part of the above you need a hand with or if this is enough info to progress further.

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

Hello Damien,

First of all, thanks for your answer, it was of great help!

The thing about reading the Excel file was just an extra feature, I will see if I am able to use it correctly.

But in relation to the first point of my question (taking the Excel file attached in one email and, automatically, send it to several people via email), I have a problem. 

As you can see in the image, I have created a very simple flow. It works correctly but, the problem is that in the email that arrives, there are more than one files attached. 

My question is how could I attach only the ONE file that I want to be sent? 

oscarpradillos4_0-1637135001933.png

Thanks in advance!

Hi @oscarpradillos4 

Watch the following Add a Table to an Excel File - Save Email Attachment - Power Automate #Email #PowerAutomate - YouTub...

Cheers
Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,445)