cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
projecteng
Regular Visitor

Send an email workflow when Date (MM/DD/YEAR) in multiple cells (same column) in SharePoint spreadsheet matches the today's Date

Hi everyone,

I am new to Power Automate and I'm completely desperate with making this thing work 😞

I have a SharePoint excel spreadsheet with the list of items (documents) that are awaiting engineers' approvals.

The Description, Date Approved and Manager's Email cell values are automatically populated from the database on the server using the Power Query based on the Document unique ID. If the Approval Date cell value is blank it means that the document is not yet approved. If it has a Date - this is the Date when the document was approved.

Document unique IDDescriptionDate ApprovedManager's email
1Bill of Materials08/21/2021JDoe@gmail.com
2Specification08/20/2021ASmith@gmail.com
3Receipt SJohnson@gmail.com

I am looking to create a workflow that will scan all the cell values in the Date Approved column and IF the cell value matches today's date to send an email to the appropriate manager from the Manager's email column. I have approximately 500 rows and 5-7 documents are getting approved everyday. I want the workflow to run automatically everyday at 6 pm. 

I am struggling with the very first step of how to point out to Power Automate the exact column where the Dates are stored. And once it's done how to represent the output (array?) to set up the condition.

Thank you so much, any help will be really appreciated.

Best,

Mike

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,454)