cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send approval email from approver rather than flow creator?

I am testing out an approval workflow where employees fill out a form and it goes to an "everyone must approve" process.  Is it possible for the rejection email I have set up to come from the approver who rejects it, rather than me as the creator?  Is there away for the approval email to come from one of the approvers rather than me as the creator?  I have modified this template: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/4071c6b040c611e7ad68c1c80e905297/send...

Any advice would be appreciated - this is my first approval workflow and it is successful otherwise.  TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Send approval email from approver rather than flow creator?

Yes, just add a Send an Email (V2) step to the reject branch of the condition, and utilize the From (Send as) parameter and dynamically add the approver's email. Please notice that the email address to send mail from requires "Send as" or "Send on behalf of" permission for that mailbox. For more info on granting permissions please refer to the documentation

You could also utilize the Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2) step if you'd prefer to send it from a shared mailbox. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Yes, just add a Send an Email (V2) step to the reject branch of the condition, and utilize the From (Send as) parameter and dynamically add the approver's email. Please notice that the email address to send mail from requires "Send as" or "Send on behalf of" permission for that mailbox. For more info on granting permissions please refer to the documentation

You could also utilize the Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2) step if you'd prefer to send it from a shared mailbox. 

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Brad - thanks for the reply.  Both of those options seem like they might be an acceptable work around to what I'd like.  Ideally, Flow would get the profile of the person doing the approving and be able to send from them, but I am guessing that is not possible as they would need to give permission to Flow to do that; otherwise we'd be able to send emails on behalf of anyone, I suppose.  Since I wouldn't send emails on behalf of these colleagues normally, I'm not sure they would be comfortable with that. I may look into using a shared inbox for this, and/or cc'ing the approver on the email to make it easier for the submitter to reply.  I just don't want to get all of the emails when someone's camp isn't approved if I wasn't the one to deny it!  The screen shot of this section of the flow is below.  Thanks again for your help.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,317)